Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Bipolar depression

@GezzaP, mixed episodes are another beast. Fortunately I had PRN, it did take quite a few PRNs for it to settle. Academic sounds nice, what field were you in?

What is PCD? I was in Politics. My speciality was Spanish America, especially Cuba and Mexico.

@GezzaP, do you mean PRN? I take an extra dose of one of my meds if things get hard.

Politics sounds interesting. I’m studying social work at uni, I’ve considered becoming an academic, but it’s just so competitive and workload can be heavy

@creative_writer well I have just started my quit smoking effort. Wish me strength. I feel less depressed today. How are you? Yes academia can be hard work and is competive.

Glad you’re feeling less depressed today @GezzaP
I also have Bipolar 1 and in a depressed phase. Here for a chat if you like.
I’m only 50 so not technically retired but haven’t worked for the last 18months. 
I always feel better when I have something on (did some volunteering this morning) but it’s easier to set that routine when things not so tough. 

@bluegum @creative_writer I am definitely not as depressed today and pleased with my stop smoking effort. Now up to 4 hours. @bluegum Hi and thanks for answering. I am retired and sometimes get bored. But go for lots of walks and sometimes go to pub for lunch. Hope you can find some work if you’re looking for it. Hope you improve. Happy to chat for a little while.

Thanks @GezzaP… well done on the smoking front.
Do you live and walk somewhere leafy?
I’m not looking for work at the moment - maybe soon

@GezzaP, I don’t think smoking really helps with your MH in the long run. It’s very hard to stop once someone starts. I’ve seen my own relatives falling into heavy smoking. You’ve made a very big step.

I’m doing well today, I think the PRN was a good circuit breaker, and I’ve been staying occupied with uni, which helps. I actually do like research, more so than I realised. I’ve been loving the research component of my course.

Hi @bluegum, nice to meet you. What kind of volunteering work do you do?

Hi @creative_writer,

nice to meet you too. I volunteer at a community run ocean pool. Mostly greeting the patrons and taking their payments. It is a lovely place to be by the sea. 
Great to hear you are enjoying the research. I think I did too - but usually spent too long researching 😁

@bluegum, that does sound lovely, nature can be soothing. Haha, you can get caught up in research 😀. What kind of research did you do?
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance