Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

NameUnknown
Senior Contributor

what do you think

hi all,

i was raised a christian and i have never questioned my faith before till the other day when someone said "God has a plan for everybody"

if God has a plan for me why has his plan so far caused me so much pain?

was it really his plan for a child to suffer so much?

6 REPLIES 6

Re: what do you think

Helloo @NameUnknown Smiley Happy

That is a Big unexplained question my friend

I think the quote "God has a plan for everybody" is not the whole story in the bible , people don`t read the whole passage , they take this bit or that bit out of the Bible and uses it

I am a christian too and i find it hard too understand too , but then God made everything prefect and then sin came into the world

and because of sin , everyone has choices , bad or good

please ask me more questions

@NameUnknownsuch a hard question but a good one. I have been brought up not believing in religion so I am guessing this question would be easier for me to answer than someone who was raised religiously. 

Will be interested to hear people's opinions

It is not a saying I believe in. @NameUnknown

I think there can be confusion that sometimes there is order and patterns in nature and in civilisation and that means there is a predestined path.  

It might make us feel special that God would go to the trouble to have a plan for each individual human being. Maybe they are trying to reassure you which is not totally a bad thing. 

I think people should be less sure that they know what is in the mind of God. I crave and try to be close to what I believe is good, that is different.

It opens up many questions.

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hello dear @NameUnknown

I think what is meant there is that we were all put on the earth for a reason. - we all have a purpose and reason for being here that will make a difference towards the higher Good. That's his plan for us and this gives us worth. If we so choose - free will. 

I have suffered in my life a lot but I don't think that is what God wanted but either circumstance ( life happening) or was inflicted on me by the free will of others. We have trials  - if I never suffered I would of never been able to relate, empathise or learn compassion for others. I would not today be helping the less fortunate. Wisdom and good can come from it. I have also have had good times and a good life as well. It depends how I look at it. 

If you are Christian I suppose a good example there that comes to my mind of having a purpose and suffering unjustly at the hands of others was Jesus Christ and his life. And he deserved it the least. And the teaching is he did this so we could have life and have it to the fullest. I do believe God wants us to be happy but life's circumstances ( difficulties) and others can interfere with that. We were always told it is not meant to be easy.. And it's how we look at things in perspective and work around the obstacles; and who is in our life (loving support) that can make a difference to our happiness. That's my thoughts and experience - Hope that has helped x

Hello @Former-Member, @NameUnknown, @Appleblossom, @Snowie

It is a very big question,  I believe in what you have all said and what you said @Former-Member is very true , so we can help others

But there are lots  and lots of quotes in the bible like " Be strong and be of good courage"

"ReJoice in the LOrd always"

Hi @NameUnknown. I too was raised a Christian, but unlike you I doubt my faith a lot. The saying I struggle with the most is “God never gives us more than we can handle”.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance