Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Former-Member
Not applicable

Poems are freedom...

Poetry is our liberation ill friends!  Read it, consume it, read it aloud, not quietly, learn from it. Write it, share your experience.  You have an interesting complex situation worthy of a poem.  You should express yourself. You may not be able to draw a Picasso or write a novel, but you can write a poem because even if it is "No good" aesthetically" to some people if it has meaning to you, it is art. IT MATTERS. If a poem moves one person, even if that person is only the author him or herself, it is art and it deserves to be written. Go forth my friends and enjoy!

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Poems are freedom...

I posted this poem on another thread but I love it so much I feel compelled to post it again 😛

“I am not a Sunday morning inside four walls
with clean blood
and organized drawers.
I am the hurricane setting fire to the forests
at night when no one else is alive
or awake
however you choose to see it
and I live in my own flames
sometimes burning too bright and too wild
to make things last
or handle
myself or anyone else
and so I run.
run run run
far and wide
until my bones ache and lungs split
and it feels good.
Hear that people? It feels good
because I am the slave and ruler of my own body
and I wish to do with it exactly as I please” 
― Charlotte Eriksson

Former-Member
Not applicable

What an explosion of words! Absolutely lovely, that is exactly what I wished to see, a 

celebration of the power of words. Thank you for showing me the kindness of adding this as the first response to my post.  YOUR AWESOME @greenpea

@Former-Member I have to thank you because by posting this poem it made me get out of the house and go for a walk! Tomorrow I will do the same and you never know this lil pea might end up running again 🙂 xxxxxx

Former-Member
Not applicable

@greenpeaKeep up the bravery that you show. Never let it go, you are what you believe you are in this world.  I believe you are a courageous human being how will teach us all a lesson very soon.  What lesson will you teach us @greenpea please let us know...?

@Former-Member Dear Paleofirst I do hope you are right. I have suffered a long time. I am not a perfect human being but I am a human being. The lesson in all of this is to never blindly follow the poison that others say is the truth. Always question never blindly follow.

Former-Member
Not applicable

@greenpeaExactly!

@Former-Member You know 🙂 xxxxx

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance