Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Night Shift

@PeppiPatty @Former-Member sorry, i'm a terrible whinger.  stuck indoors today with a sore foot

Former-Member
Not applicable

im so sorry to read that your parents were like that @PeppiPatty - you deserved so much better. My mother (didnt work) but she would stand and scream at us at all hours for being such terrible children and that she hated us etc etc etc.. every now and then she'd give us garbage bags to throw some clothes in and tell us to get out and we'd have to go stand on the side of the road so we would realise no one else wnated us either. so i can relate...

thank you @Terry

LJ

So.....@lisajane, you got perspective now?

I've had many many years of therapy......sometimes though I think that this online forum is better. 

@Terry your just in high anxiety and being triggered that people are listening to you honey. 

But it's not all of culture. There are pockets of it though. But your a clever lady.....Now.....I'm calming down from a feral morning........

@Former-Member that's terrible, lisaj.

it's too upsetting. i'm terribly sorry that happened to you.  let's cheer up the subject matter.

i can't think of anything cheery.  what you've said makes me feel like crying for you 

@PeppiPatty@Former-Member

i will tell you something funny - my mum used to take stuff out on me too.  once she actually angrily accused me of 'liking chocolate' (nb. i have never been a chocophile) and i was forced to defend myself by strenuously and defensively denying that i liked chocolate - she was really angry.  ridiculous!  i don't see her much these days.

nb. i think i was about 15 when the above-described 'chocolate incident' happened.  for the record, i have never consumed much chocolate, at that time or any other, and she was actually angry that i might like chocolate.  i remember sort of beggingly saying 'no, no, i don't like chocolate'.

i don't like my mum much.  she's about 4.5 inches shorter than me these days.  hee hee!

my foot hurts

@PeppiPatty@Former-Member - begging for mercy, i was, because i'd been accused of 'liking chocolate'.  she also used to say 'i'll give you something to cry about' when i was upset about something.  in fact, i can think of few times in my life when i have cried when i haven't been threatened with punishment for it.

BTW, I LIKE CHOCOLATE

Dear @PeppiPatty and @Former-Member and @Terry

It is important that these truths came out... pretty traumatic to experience, remember and hear about. Thanks for sharing ladies.

@Former-Member You have done the right thing to try it.  If it is the right thing to continue things will settle ... you will know... give it a bit more time .. shame about the infection though .. did she get it at school or was it lingering?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance