Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Night Shift

Sounds like a wonderful experience there, @eth, and a special honor to be named by the Yolngu people. Again I relate to your special affinity with twilight. When I'm physically sick, dusk and dawn are usually times my condition changes, sometimes bringing healing relief. And one of the things I so love about the overnight hours is what you say about the quiet in the 'ethers' of the outside world. I feel much more comfortable in the night than the day, possible more comfortable with other people's minds in dream states. I associate your forum name with that sense of the word ether too, as in sensitive to the ethereal energies. 

@Mazarita Hadn't thought of that about my name 'eth'.  Thankyou, I really like it.  I love it when words take on multiple meanings.

How are you feeling now?

@eth, you're welcome. 🙂 Feeling relieved I'm not going to class this morning. A bit overexcited so not sure I'll sleep still. One of my videos has gone a bit viral on the internet in the past few days, the first time I've had that experience. Very modest by YouTube standards but I'm on a different, more 'arty' site where it's much harder to get the plays. This particular video has had over 1000 plays at this site in just a few days. That's pretty momentous by my standards. I've seen strangers in all parts of the world posting it on Twitter and Facebook. It's a superficial way to gauge the value of one's work but I'm enjoying it and excited about it anyway.

That's amazing @Mazarita. Congratulations!  I don't think that it's superficial at all in this day and age - it's the modern way.  Hope you have it copywritten and are getting credited for the work when it is shown.  No wonder you're excited.

Yes, the credits are included in the video with links to me and collaborators on the viewing page. As to copyright, I work whenever possible with special open licences called 'Creative Commons', you might have heard of it. Basically it means that anyone is free to share and even 'remix' my work as long as it is properly credited and not for commercial purposes. I am essentially a video remixer myself. It's a 21st century movement that aims to circumvent the corporate control of media and artworks and create more a community spirit to creativity and encourage sharing, inspiration and further creativity from original creative works.

Sorry I was away for so long @Mazarita.  I was writing a long answer to the question about 'rising from the ashes' on the Failed ECT thread.  Had been giving it serious thought since yesterday, including when I was trying to go to sleep last night.  At first it brought up so many memories of old times that were painful and still cause guilt, shame and hurt that I didn't think I could do it and just sat with it overnight.  But when I had done it I was able to see I really have made a lot of progress and that it was a helpful process.

That's fine, @eth. I totally understand when people come and go from discussions for whatever reason. I'll go off and read your response and then I might hit the hay again. Thanks for the great chats overnight!

Hope you sleep well @Mazarita

@Jennifer_waugh do you mean just on the forums or???  Some of us have written answers to your question on your Failed ECT thread.  Hoping you can see some hope there.

@Jennifer_waugh do you want to talk about what's going on?  Sending you strength and hoping you feel ok to share.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance