Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Night Shift

Thanks @eth

Ille check out @sadgirl thread !!

Heart

cat .jpeg

Wide awake in the middle of the night after about four hours sleep, something that's been happening every night for quite some time. So again on the deep night shift for a little while.

@eth, no apologies for not being around on the forum for some time are needed at all. We just missed you is all! 🙂 And I have to say your early support with the withdrawal from green was crucial and much appreciated. Especially the suggestion you made about smoking only a half a smoke at a time was key to dropping dramatically (well, by half!). I remembered this throughout the cut-down period and stuck to it almost religiously. Having said this, I realise I may be riding a bit of a high with my success in abstinence at the moment and there may be some challenges to come yet. But I'm just enjoying where I am now and revelling in the good feelings as a way to shore myself up against any tempting moments to come. Funny that you said that about dreams in the withdrawal period. I was having intense bad dreams every night when I was down south and for some days after returning. Luckily, they have subsided in recent days.

@Jacques, on this subject still, thanks again and hugs!

Hi @Mazarita I'm around too if you want to chat.  Have been falling asleep really early since the kids left so now here I am again having had 6 hours or so sleep and wide awake since 4 am but at least I feel rested.

@eth, so pleased you are getting some more uninterrupted sleep than you were back when we were first chatting. How was your day? Anything on for tomorrow?

@Mazarita had a nice day at home with my man-friend.  His car went in for repairs and he spent the time here while they had it.  Usually he works long hours so it felt like a bonus.  Unfortunately I gave him a mixed juice and he is allergic to apple (I didn't read the label d'uh) and he had stomach cramps but he was still good company.  So lucky he realised when he had the first 70ml or so and didn't drink it all.

Nothing planned for tomorrow - today - might spend some time digging out all the stuff I stashed here and there for my grand daughter's visit. 

How about you?

@eth, never heard of an allergy to apple before. Good that you caught it before it went too far. Tomorrow (or should I say later today), I have a morning outing with Phams for a few hours. It's in a local park and will include some activities, lunch and meeting up with other clients and staff of the program. If it's anything like the xmas party I attended last year, it will be a nice enough time. After that, I plan to go to the library to pick up the DVD of 'Madmen' season 1, which I have on hold. Then home again and washing is overdue to be done, other house stuff. Would like to get in a solo beach walk too. Lots happening creatively at the moment too, which I will probably work a bit on tomorrow as well.

Sounds like a busy day @Mazarita.  Good on you 🙂

What is the creative stuff you are working on?

@eth, it's a musical project I'm part of at the moment. Also have set up a blog site with various pages as a kind of 'home' website for a friend who does beautiful hand-dyed fabrics and clothing. All environmentally sourced materials and no artificial dyes. The colours and patterns come from leaves, flowers and berries she collects in the country where she lives.

@eth, here's an detailed image of one of her pieces...

1024x768-07.jpg

That's great @Mazarita.  Sounds like life has really picked up from where you were at when we first met.  I'm feeling sleepy again so will go try to have another nap.  Enjoy your day.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance