Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: LBGTIQA+ Social Space

Hi @Former-Member 

i hope I can join you all next week, would be nice to have a little community around 🙂

I started watching that vampire show on Netflix. It has Juliette and Calliope as the two main characters. I skipped through some parts and then got to the end, but felt kinda sad.

I've been re-watching K_____ Eve since. It's a brilliant show, and the lead actor is a phenomenal talent. Her name is Jodie Comer. Sandra Oh is in the show too.

Wishing you a warm welcome to the forums @anti_anti_meds! My name is Sirius, and I'm one of the peer support workers here at SANE, it's nice to meet you.

Killing Eve is such a good series! I still cant accept the ending though. If you're into vampire shows have you watched True Blood? I think there are 7 seasons to it, so it's a pretty good series to get invested in with sprinkling of LBGTIQA+ vibes.  😊

Would love to hear your thoughts.

Sirius 

@Sirius 

Nice to meet you too.

The ending to KE was very traumatic for me. It really felt like a totally different show I had grown to love over the first 2 seasons. The 3rd season was not that great either.

I saw the first season of True Blood when it was released many years ago.

I remember laughing and thinking that scene when Bill(?) and Sookie run to each other in the middle of the night very odd. But now, I understand that finding your special someone can make one do crazy things, often without a logical reason.

I've seen most episodes of Vampire Diaries and Legacies as well. I'm a big CW network and Marvel fan!

Oh, and Star Wars! Big fan of Natalie Portman. And Kylo Ren's swordsmanship is extraordinary!

I completely agree with your experience with KE. I think it really shook a few of the KE masses.  There was then talk of a secret 9th episode of the last series called "Requiem", but it never came to fruition. Such a letdown! 

When I ever I think of True Blood I think of is this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qmr_Sz8dHiY

I haven't heard of Legacies but it sounds interesting! I finally just started watching the Umbrella Academy with Elliot Page in it, the third season just began. Might be up your alley too - similar undertones. 😊

Former-Member
Not applicable

I have a three word surname, and if I add my first name, my initials are TLGB, I am not kidding..!!!
So as a straight male, I am not very keen on the LGBTQA abbreviations... But luckily I have a good sense of humour, and so far no one has ripped me for it...

Hi. I just found this space.  Are there any up to date chats or anything? 😄

Hi there @Pepsi  and welcome to the forums! 

If you do a search for LGBTQI there are lots of discussions that come up. There are a few that we had recently for out Topic Tuesday groups, then one for Pride Month and one for IDAHOBIT week. I'll also tag some of our lovely members who are wonderful at welcomes.

@petrichor @eth @Adge @girasole @TheVorticon @NatureLover  @Kittykelly1976 @greenspace @RedHorse @Clawde 

Looking forward to see you around here 

Warm regards

Hanami 🌈

LBGTIQA+ Social Space: What do you want from this thread?

Hey LGBTQIA+ space and @petrichor @eth @Adge @girasole @TheVorticon @NatureLover  @Kittykelly1976 @greenspace @RedHorse @Clawde @Pepsi @outlander @anti_anti_meds @bipolarbunny 

For those I haven't met (but I think it's most of you!), I'm an LGBTQIA+ peer support worker here. 

I've found this thread so wonderful, but I wanted to see if anyone had ideas on what we could do with this special thread? Are there particular supports we can give to each other? Or ways we can connect on a regular basis? 

I'd LOVE for this thread to be useful and comforting to all of us 🏳️‍🌈

BIG LOVE,

TuxedoCat 

@Petrichor Re: LBGTIQA+ Social Space - Contains Suicide Content.

Hi Petrichor,

I am so sorry I have been ages replying. I have had a horrible time. My birthday came and I was supposed to be taken out to dinner but my daughter's car had a flat battery so we went in my car. My puppy was sick so we had to pick her up and take her to the 24hr place. We got lost and I had a traffic accident. A few days after that I SH and was sent into the mental health wing of our hospital. I am okay; physically, but my car is still off the road. Mentally I am doing it tough.

I still feel very alone and misunderstood, except by you. I really, really did appreciate your response. I still feel the same. That I am a female trapped in a male body. I long to be a female so I could be close with other females. So I am a lesbian trapped in a man's body. Sigh...........

I hope you are doing better. At least as well as you can. It is nice to know that someone else understands these complicated, turmoil of feelings.

Take care. I will try to be around SANE more from now on.

Warm regards, Is anybodyThere?.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance