Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

LadyleahRDBloom
Senior Contributor

Hello, hello!

I'm new, feel free to call me LL or Lady bloom. I got the username idea from my favourite character in Hannibal, Alana Bloom.

I have depression and anxiety. I'm sucidal and my family are .... they try.  I love them but they do tend to make my depression worse. 

Anyway. Can't wait to chat with all of you 🙂 LL

10 REPLIES 10

Re: Hello, hello!

@LadyleahRDBloom Hi, I'm new here too...about two weeks. I came on as a last resort before ending it, cause I wasn't going to hospital or call helplines, but here I am still. I think I probably scared a few people but they stuck with me and it's helped. Please hang in there. Tell us a bit about yourself. What's happening in your life?

Hi, I'm new here too...about two weeks. I came on as a last resort before ending it, cause I wasn't going to hospital or call helplines, but here I am still. I think I probably scared a few people but they stuck with me and it's helped.

That's good to know. It's really important to have solid people in your life. ((hug))

Please hang in there. Tell us a bit about yourself. What's happening in your life?

Well, as I stated I'm a fan of Alana Bloom. I'm training to get into retail and my goal in life is to relocate to nsw, work in ladies fashions. help look after abandoned dogs and help at the local women's shelter. I eventually want to go back to studying I really love reading and learning. I haven't gone back to it now because keeping my stress levels down and trying to get my family to stop hindering my goals is a full time job. I'm not quitting though.

@LadyleahRDBloom Good on you! I am studying psychology and have fought mum all the way because she has been selfish. It's important to have something that is yours alone. There are several women's centres in nsw that can help with acommodation, counselling, etc. They might help you make the move. Where ...which state are you in now?

Good on you! I am studying psychology and have fought mum all the way because she has been selfish. It's important to have something that is yours alone.

Exactly! I love psychology. My mother studied it and criminogy before she died. 

There are several women's centres in nsw that can help with acommodation, counselling, etc. They might help you make the move. Where ...which state are you in now?

I'm not in the state I want to be in that's for sure, lol! I'm slowly sorting things out. My family are just over protective. They don't understand that the more clingy they get and the more they try to change my mind the worse my depression gets. I have limitations. One I can easily speak about is my eye sight. I can't legally drive and that sadly shoots up a lot red flags even though it is more than fine for me to catch a bus to the adjacent town for retail training. 

@LadyleahRDBloom The universities have disability services on each campus, along with welfare officers. If money isn't an issue you can even live on campus. Think it's about $300 for a room on my campus. It's definitely doable. The question is family and your strength to handle things...got to show them that you are strong and can handle things. If you can make friends in Sydney through the internet, ie, facebook, it might help you get started. How old are you?

The universities have disability services on each campus, along with welfare officers. If money isn't an issue you can even live on campus. Think it's about $300 for a room on my campus. It's definitely doable.

Thanks. Sadly money is an issue since I'm not employed and any money I do earn will be going into relocating and skin removal surgery. I'm hoping to return to Tafe one day but I need the stress to feck off before I go near that or I'll fail. I don't do well with pressure. 

The question is family and your strength to handle things...got to show them that you are strong and can handle things. If you can make friends in Sydney through the internet, ie, facebook, it might help you get started. How old are you?

I do have friends in Syd. A really good friend is planning to help drive me over once I secure a flat. Fam knows about this and are partially furious, partially confused. I just remind them of my age, which with respect, I would prefer to keep to myself. I find admiting to my age in mental health situations a bit disconcerting.

Anywhoo! Hope you're having a lovely day.

Hello @LadyleahRDBloom, @Lemonjuice

How is your week going so far , hope you are ok , sending you tender hugs and love to hear from you soon Heart

Hi!!!

Things are going ok, I found my dream flat but the rent is too dear so I'm going to have to press pause.

Hello @LadyleahRDBloom @Lemonjuice and @Shaz51 🙂

Great to see you guys are welcoming and supporting @LadyleahRDBloom here 🙂

LL, it's great to see you have found your way to the forum and I hope you find the peer support platform a helpful space. There' s a great deal of support, compassion, humour and playfulness thatt can be found here. 

I hope you are finding your way around, pleaase feel welcome to @ mention me and ask any questions or queries that may emerge about the forums. 

Sorry to hear the dream flat is too pricey for now, what is it that draws you to it? Good location or something specific to the flat? 

Working with rescue dogs sounds very rewardingto me, is this something you have doen before? 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance