Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Good Morning

Good Morning @MDT @Former-Member @SmilingGecko @Former-Member @Clawde @Emelia8 @oceangirl @EternalFlower @Appleblossom @greenpea @StuF  @tonys   and Anyone Else around ..

Good morning @TAB enjoying a nice start to the day.  I googled woolies for brisket. For some reason I don't think its brisket. The prices are too high. I will do more investigation.  Just fatty tissue off a cow I would think. Don't know what that is called.  I hope you are having a good day. Just did some early morning housework and am about to have breakfast soon. Then vacuum the house! Being domesticated lol!

.. its a bad cut of meat just like ribs are @SmilingGecko 

thats why has to be cooked for hours and they add all flavour cos its rubbish lol

TAB_0-1686351207749.png

2 sides to story .. americans bbq hamburgers, cannot afford good meat in home of Brave Land of Free I guess

Yeah its really expensive. I had no idea as I had never bought it @TAB. I have meat in small portions like a fist size for health reasons and also financial. Many traditional chinese medical doctors only recommend eating a small amount of meat. I have mainly vegetables. I think it may be brisket like you said it looks cheap and lots of fat for flavour on the BBQ lol. It would be easy to render the fat though.  

yes, people have worked out how to cook it and like it, but it is a very cheap cut, if not cheapest @SmilingGecko  yes too much meat not a good idea for lots of reasons.

Was in semi-disbelief other day when saw article saying some scientists in australia were looking at repurposing anti-biotics as weedkiller for food crops.

think humans too stupid to be alive sometimes

Oh well thats farming for you @TAB.  When I was following a body building diet it was too much protein and used to make my mental health worse. I did it for weightloss reasons but had a psych rehab friend that used to be into extreme body building before she had a breakdown.  Same with a former ballerina student I used to know. Too much extreme sports and protein seems to do something to the brain!

I used to know former nurse who became IV drug user @SmilingGecko  they were always worrying about kidneys with stuff they were putting in themselves, oh too much meat, bad for kidneys .. it is too apparently .

Saw this new price schedule for meat based on a Doncaster butcher shop. Theyre saying that costs of fuel, insurance etc is pushing up cost of meat. People are swapping mince for snags now. Its getting worse out there. I wonder how the price of offal is going since during yesteryear thats all people could afford.

<image>

How much meat pries have gone upHow much meat pries have gone up

from what I have been told people couldnt afford to eat usual meat in 1930s and 40s, maybe eat it once a week, would eat rabbit etc instead. @SmilingGecko  mum used to say their most common meal was bread fried in ok dripping ie fat

Former-Member
Not applicable

Yeah until I find a gf, have to rely on mum for food, pretty difficult for me on my own, need support, or maybe just try independence.  I go shops, I go haircut places, barber, I do most things, but my work has been inconsistent due to mental health, so I’m hesitant of stepping out…

mortgage, dealing with agents, real estate, getting solicitors, paying stamp duty, all these things would add to my worries. You guys are brave could learn a lot @TAB @SmilingGecko 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance