Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Owlunar
Senior Contributor

Can you tell us about your "Name" here

Seeing as we have been sharing @soul's idea about our Avatar Picture - why not share about our Avatar Name as well?

I started here as Decadian and actually - that name still appears - and why did I start with that name?

It was nearly the 30th anniversary of my son's death - 3 decades - such a long time - so it's over 31 years but yes - I choose Decadian because of all my decades - more than I want to mention actually

I started signing off with Dec - then I had one of those days when my computer needed picking at - ah what - I spent the whole day trying to get back here and I had to start again with a new name because Decadian was already being used and so I started to use Dec - which is so easy to type

But the Decadian is the real name and the real person I gues - older than most of you but I feel perfectly okay about that

So I can hear my assisted shopping lady is turning up - I think anyway - it's time to go shopping - 

So everyone - have the best day possible

Dec

38 REPLIES 38

Re: Can you tell us about your "Name" here

@Owlunar Hi Dec, firstly I am very sorry for your loss ... losing a child is a dreadful thing I cannot even begin to understand the pain which you are still going through.

I chose my name because it was cute and bright like my picture. I wanted something which would make me forget the worries which I have and help me move on in my life. I need to move on and my happy green pea is part of that process.

xxxxx

I chose apple because I like to eat them and they have lots of meanings; from keeping the doctor away to being cause of all wickedness, temptation and sexuality. I added blossom because I wanted to soften somehow and open things up for me in my personality and life.

Hi @greenpea

Thanks for your kind thoughts about my son - it was a nightmare when he died and still all these years later I still have bad moments and I guess I always will

And it's okay - and my message to other people is that it is okay to have bad times - as horrible as it feels - there is a lot of hype to feel happyhappyhappy and this is unrealistic

I have a story about green peas - sometimes my mother would be giving me "The Silent Treatment" and sometimes she would bang my dinner plate in front of me and the peas would jump off and bounce around on the white table cloth - and I would fish them up thinking how much I loved my peas and I would eat them sure - but first I would feel sorry that they had been treated so badly

I enjoy the memory of caring for my peas

For me sharing my thoughts and experiences here has been marvelous in helping me to move toward that happy green pea part of your process myself - though I had never thought of it that way

It is cute and bright - and also - part of the story - a better part

It just occurred to me - I love the green peas - really do not enjoy broccoli - and I am really glad you are a green pea

Dec

Hi @Appleblossom

Yes - you do sign off as Apple - and I can imagine a green apple for some reason - and yes - the old apple a day etc and the apple often being thought of as the fruit that Eve ate ands gave to Adam and started the cycle of working by the sweat of our brow and giving birth - um yes - I understand that story

I guess you have read Paradise Lost - I love the line "She took, she ate" and often asked "Why not - her husband gets to go off and talk with God so why would she not be happy to talk to the serpent?"

Good choice of name and yes - I have often visualised this - the Appleblossom softening up the story - I see that as pretty - and usually think about the story of the apple

Good one Apple

Dec

@Owlunar You have to know the bad to appreciate the good don't you? I know I used to take good things for granted but not anymore. Every bit of sunshine that comes my way makes me feel warm inside. Like today a man tipped his hat at me ... it was so nice. Made me feel like a lady. A bit of kindness shared is a good thing for everyone because I can now pass it onto you and hopefully make you feel good about the story of the man tipping his hat at me.Smiley Happy

Hello @OwlunarHeart

My name is from a story I 'play' {make up} with sometimes, I deliberately picked a name I'd never used on the computer before as I have a cyber-stalker{a bad memory from my past}.

This is another wonderful thread Heart @Mazarita Heart @outlander Heart, @Faith-and-Hope Heart @Shaz51 Heart @CheerBear Heart @Former-Member Heart @utopia Heart @soul Heart @Former-Member Heart @Bubbles3Heart @Maggie Heart @PeppiPatty Heart @TAB Heart @Zoe7 Heart @BlueBayHeart @Former-Member Heart @Ant7 🙂 . . . aw, brain fizzle, can't think any more 😄

Getting a few drops of rain here (though I think I could count them as yet!), and rumbles that promise more 😄

Niqua

'Tab' was my first cat got for birthday grade 4 maybe a big tabby tom. He went feral on farm met up w wildcats there 18 at one stage all with names

thank you @Former-Member for the callout Smiley Very Happy

Hello @Owlunar HeartHeart

My Avatar Name Shaz is one of my nicknames  and 51 is my age when I joined the forum 2 years ago

Utopia because I dream of a utopian world. Forever dreaming
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance