Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Neelix
Senior Contributor

Book worms here!!

Morning all. I'm reading Nightmare by Lars Kepler, it is a murder thriller. It's the second book of Lars I've read the 1st was The hypnotist. I dont usually like murder type books but I do enjoy the crime solving part and the characters that evolve. I like fiction and non-fiction. I'm a mood reader. Critical reasoning by Ann Thomsen is a book that I read and put down and think about then read a bit more. Joddi Piccoult and Dan Brown are 2 books I have on the go. I just wanted to post here and hear what other books people are reading. I'm always on the look out for new authors and other genre's to read. Post here if you are reading a book or read a book and a little about it. Soz if this is a thread that has already been done. If so? Direct me to the thread 🙂

34 REPLIES 34

Re: Book worms here!!

I absolutely love reading books. When the kids grow up and move out im going to have my own library. Hehe csnt wait
Thats how i love my boods. I have so many already

Glad to hear @Bubbles3 what are you reading now?

Hi @Neelix @Bubbles3 I love books too! The last novel I read was The good luck of right now - by Matthew Quick. It was wonderful - grief, connection, synchronicity - entertaining and uplifting.

The Good Luck of Right Now

My daughter gave me a book today - Unbreakable: women share stories of resilience and hope - edited by Jane Caro. I'm hoping to read a bit tonight. It's had to squeeze in atm because I have to move house and am trying to downsize and pack etc. I like hearing about what other people are reading : )

Hi @frog I will look at those books if the library where I go has them. It sounds great. I also like to hear women stories. I read You can't break the spirit by Pam McAllister about women in africa and their struggles and their survival. I bought that book. I dont know how to post pic's of books. I will google it tho and try too.

Hi @Neelix I just copied the image off the good reads website and pasted in to my post. I had to shrink it, though because it was huge! Because I am having to downsize massively (from small to tiny!) I had to give a lot of my books to Lifeline for their book fair. It was hard. I am reminding myself that the stories and information is not lost and if I need to, I caqn find them again. I love libraries! It's sweet when I get a notification that a book I've put on hold has come in. It's a great service

Hi @frog , cheers for the info on how to post. Awww I would find that hard to part with books too. Sounds amazing your journey with books. I did get an email from the library my books had arrived that I reserved. You book worm!!! hehe 🙂
Former-Member
Not applicable

I loove a good book, but I've not read much since getting sick.
I've been working my way through Hemingway and Steinbeck's novels, but I mainly read non fiction.
I also like the top 100 books list:
https://www.theguardian.com/books/2003/oct/12/features.fiction
But they are often quite heavy reads, and not good for bed time or sad 5-HT's.

Hi @Former-Member glad to hear you like a good book. I saw an image of Hemingway on google. I can't think how or why I saw it. I am a mood reader. I do like non-fiction too. History, paranormal, autobiographies. I will look at the list of books link you posted. Yep I find some things I cannot read before bed like murder mystery.
Former-Member
Not applicable

Thanks for starting such a great thread, @Neelix.

At the moment I’m reading Why Be Happy When You Could Be Normal? by Jeanette Winterson. It’s a memoir. It’s wonderful and sad and bookish—lots of literary references.

I also picked up the new Quarterly Essay today.

Which Jodi Picoult book are you reading, @Neelix? I’ve really loved some of her books, but been disappointed by others.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance