Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Daisydreamer
Senior Contributor

🏳️‍⚧️ International Trans Day of Visibility 🏳️‍⚧️

Happy International Trans Day of Visibility

Transgender Flag: Colors & Meaning For Trans History

Today is Trans Day of Visibility (TDOV)! On this day each year, 31st of March, we celebrate trans and gender diverse pride. It is a day to share in the achievements of our trans and gender diverse community, talk about and raise awareness of the lived and living experiences of trans community, and come together to talk, share, celebrate and educate. 

#beseen

You may see the hashtag #beseen around your social media today. The foundation of Trans Day of Visibility is about creating space for our trans and gender diverse community to be seen and heard, and ensuring true representation and visibility of the community. Here on the forums, this is a space for us to #beseen and amplify the voices, stories, and experience of our Trans Community. To celebrate with us, share your story of what #beseen and Trans Day of Visibility means to you in your journey. 

If you are an ally joining us today, every one of us has a part to play in creating more space for Trans and gender diverse voices to be seen and heard. Share how you will be creating space and celebrating with us today. 

Want to learn more about TDOV?

Check out the awareness day website, and see all the ways people are celebrating across the world: https://tdov.org.au/

Have a resource, article, artwork, flag, story or achievement you would like to share? Post your thoughts here!

Spaces to share stories, and connect with others is really important, and we are committed to making this discussion a safe space for trans and gender diverse people to share their experiences, thoughts and ideas. To keep this safe space and respect the experiences of our community, we ask that all members refresh their understanding of the community guidelines in advance so that we can make this discussion inclusive and welcoming.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: 🏳️‍⚧️ International Trans Day of Visibility 🏳️‍⚧️

Happy Trans Day of Visibility!
As a trans ally, I'm all for dialogue and open conversations in the forum that explore the joy that fills the trans and gender diverse community, celebrating difference and creating safe spaces.

I'm sharing this video today in the hope that the broader cis community has an opportunity to experience what it might feel like to walk the streets and navigate the world as a trans person. I found it powerful, and I hope others do too 🌈

For me #beseen means being heard, being counted and feeling a sense of inclusion in all spaces.

That is really powerful @Rhye Thank you for sharing 🌈

Agreed. This is such a powerful video. Thank you @Rhye. I love how toward the end, one of them says "we're just like you" ❤️

That was my favourite bit too @TideisTurning 😊

For International Trans Day of Visibility, I wanted to share a peer support service. 

P4T is a new peer support service run by ACON for adults in the trans community to seek support and connect with peers. The service operates Wednesday-Friday from 11am-7pm 

https://www.transhub.org.au/p4t

Peer support is so important, and another way that we can promote #beseen Heart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance