Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

LostAngel
Senior Contributor

should I try talking to family? I'm feeling distant

hi all gosh this weathers so warm tonight but the thing is I would like to communicate/talk to family tonight so I can just talk to someone,its kind of like Im waiting on family to talk to me first hope that makes sense this hot weather is getting to me too pretty soon Ill be jumping in a cold shower,I keep telling myself at the momment that Ive just got the same issues as everyone else,but part of me wants to talk about it instead of being so distant thanks for listening as I feel like Im in genereal complaining too much lately about nothing

4 REPLIES 4

Re: should I try talking to family? I'm feeling distant

why is it when where lonely for someone to talk to we still let ourselves be lonely even if thats not what we want?

thinking too much but yet it seems Im not doing enough or maybe too much?

Im turning to music instead of people for the momment after all everyone has issues mine arnt any different,im fine ,everyones busy,im busy being busy

Hi @LostAngel 

I just wanted to reach out and offer you some support Heart

Feeling the need to reach out and connect with your family and yet feeling conflicted about initiating the first contact makes so much sense Smiley Happy

Sometimes, it really can feel as though we’re waging some sort of internal battle between the parts of us that so desperately want to connect with others for support and comfort and the other parts of us that make it so difficult for us to be able to do this Heart

This really can be such a distressing and confusing place to be Smiley Sad

I also just wanted to gently reassure you that there’s no judgment here and that your needs, thoughts and feelings are just as important as everyone else’s Heart

Thinking of you Smiley Happy

Take care,

ShiningStar Heart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance