Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Want to forget TW

Thank you so much Mumma Bear - your love and care means so much to me 💖 I am hoping to be a little better tomorrow to be able to go in and see Dad before his procedure on Friday. I had planned to do that today after work and before I could pick up Clover but won't be able to now. I will call him later though when I am hopefully feeling a little better. Plenty of Toby cuddles today @Owlunar 

I will catch up on your other posts when I can - but sending you my love for what I have already read 💖💖💖

Always here when I can be @Zoe7 

I have things to do now and must have some breakfast - 

There is plenty of love - love is one of those things that there is more of the more we use it

Concussion takes a little time to recover - a headache goes with the territory - 

You will be in my thoughts today

Mumma Bear

Owlunar

Was feeling a little better until I had to get up and go out @Owlunar I have been to the chemist though and picked up Clover from the vet so I have a few hours before I have to take Toby back also. The whole staff there were very concerned as I called from hospital yesterday to cancel Toby's appointment then my sister also called to do the same (I did not know that until later). So it seems everyone knew why I had to cancel yesterday but it does also show what wonderful people we do have in this world. It is not the first time I have seen such care and compassion from the people at my vet clinic but further re-enforces just how lovely they all are.

Thankfully, for the moment, the banging next door has stopped so I am going to take advantage of that and lay down while I can. Will let you know how Toby goes later if I am able to.

Hi @Zoe7 

I have been working down the list - and finally found you - I'm glad I did.

That headache might be around for a short while - I hope it's not long - I had a slight concussion last year - my nose v. a taxi door when I was getting in - not what I intended of course - so I get it - skull v. skull would be harder - in both senses of the word - ouch.

I'm glad the banging stopped - you didn't need that right then - it does happen though - mm - I'm sorry that had to happen right then

The people at the vet sound wonderful - I have found vets splendid people - it's great to have that support. I hope you little family is okay with all this happening to them - both at the same time - and you have a bad headache - and don't feel well yourself - 

I am sending my best love and care - and know you Dad is having a procedure day after tomorrow - your plate is full - it's not easy and you are much loved

Best wishes

Mumma Bear

Owlunar

Will not be able to see Dad before tomorrow @Owlunar but will call him today. Still have a headache on and off so more rest today.

Hi @Zoe7 

Yes - this is a time for you to take it easy - science about head injuries has gone ahead in leaps and bounds. It will take time and it's great you are keeping calm.

I will be thinking about your Dad too - both of you truly

And your little furkids - I hope they are getting better.

All my best wishes

Mumma Bear

Owlunar

Dad is in ICU now @Owlunar but I spoke to him today and he is doing a little better (as far as he can be anyway). Hopefully tomorrow's surgery will help a lot and he can recover quickly.

I still have a headache and some nausea on and off but have been resting all day. My fur babies have kept me warm LOL They are super snuggly at the moment - animals have such a wonderful sense of when things are not quite right.

Going to go to work tomorrow - more so the kids can see I am okay. No doubt they will wrap me in cotton wool (and give lots of hugs) but I am going to make it an easy day for us all.

Hi @Zoe7 

I have been thinking about you and your Dad all day - yes - I know you most likely don't feel like posting and there is no need to comply - just take you time and let your emotions flow around as they will - you have had a rough week.

You were going to school today - to give the kids an easy day and let them see you are okay - I hope that went well - 

Again - my best thoughts and a big but gentle hug from 

Mumma Bear

Owlunar

Dad is on his way home @Owlunar but I don't think he should be - he should still be in hospital. I picked him up and brought him to my place to wait for Mum to pick him up. She wanted to get an ambulance so I don't know how they are going to cope at home together. I really can't think about that now though - I need rest myself as I have been out 4 times today. I had my psych appointment this morning then in to visit Dad (but had to go back as it was not visiting hours -was told the wrong time 😔). Then back to pick Dad up. I am exhausted and have a headache. I made the mistake of letting my Mum know and she 'told' me to get it seen to - when all I need is rest and not to be running around everywhere. So that is what I am going to do now - rest.

HI @Zoe7 

Yes - you need to rest - you have had it seen to and all this running around makes it harder to recover.

I've been doing the same thing - needing to take it easy with my shoulder but running around getting my burn dressed - it's recovering now - all of this takes time and energy we don't always have.

Your Dad had a procedure yesterday and they set him free today with your mother not well either - I guess if they felt they couldn't cope they could have asked for another day - still - hospitals - I understand - they would want to go home

You won't stop wondering though - and feeling the stress of all of this - and I really get it - one thing at a time is enough - but we have these things happen.

Sending best thoughts as always

Mumma Bear

Owlunar

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance