Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Waking up with anxiety

Thanks @8ppleTree. I have booked in for a mental health plan but it seems so far away… and then I have to get an appointment with a psychologist. I am not happy with some of the coping strategies I am using. Short term was ok but it has been a long time now. 

I feel like I’m tackling this alone and I am trying but it is a lot!

@Me73,

Really tough to feel like you're hanging in there, waiting. Are you looking to be assessed, or do you know what you want from the process? Hopefully, the wait time isn't too long for you.

If you are struggling in the meantime, SANE do offer a one-on-one free guided mental health service https://www.sane.org/referral

This personalised service can tailor a plan, provide access to psychologists or lived-experience mental health workers, along with phone and online counselling sessions. 

Just reaching out for help is a huge step in healing journey. Know that you're not alone and be proud of yourself! x

@8ppleTree thanks, I did think about trying the free service but didn’t think my need was complex enough and I really was coping ok knowing things were in the process…

yesterday I felt ok. This morning not and of course it feeds on itself 

Hey @Me73 

I just wanted to check in and see how you are doing this morning? 

You're more than welcome to use our SANE support line to chat as well if you wanted to speak to someone in person. 

Sitting with you,

Amber22

@Me73 it's ok to have a bad day. Tomorrow could be better. If not, the service is there to hit up.

Hope you have something nice planned for yourself later that might help? What do you like to do?

Thanks @amber22 so the chat line is through registration? I feel like this support would be very helpful in the short term and I would keep my future appointments for mental health plan in future.

@8ppleTree thanks for your responses. I really just need to try and meditate and disconnect from my rumination's 

You're welcome! 

You can learn a bit more about the guided service here: Guided service (sane.org) 

But you can call the SANE Support line at any time for support (it's open right now if you needed) on 1800 187 263, and of course post on our forums for support whenever you need 🙂

@Me73 

Hoping it will bring you some relief @Me73 xx

Thanks @amber22 i did put in a referral but I will probably try the number too. 

really appreciate this site and people responding 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance