Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

BlueBay
Senior Contributor

Victory for historical childhood sexual abuse **TW**

Today is a very rewarding and emotional day.  I have lots of mixed emotions.  

I have been awarded compensation for the childhood trauma i went through 40 years ago and all the therapy I had done and still doing.

I have been awarded for continued payment to my psychiatrist and psychologist therapy sessions for as long as I need.  i also have been paid for my out of pocket expenses for psych; psychologist; hospital excess; genetic blood test and reports from psych and psychologist.  Also i have been awarded payment for a year of gym membership to help with my self worth and cope with cPTSD.

I feel, for once in my life, i have been acknowledged and validated.  The government has validated my childhood trauma, they heard what i had to say; they listened and they agreed to an amount.

I will be forever grateful to my psychiatrist who suggested i start the process.  A very long, exhausting and emotional process.  

But in the end - today - it's been recognised and a compensation has been made.  i have a voice now; a voice where others can believe that they can start the process.  I now know that it has taken me 13 years to get to this point of (a) reporting my abuse to the police and (b) even getting some compensation.  If someone had told me last year or even 6 months ago that i would report my abuse or receive compensation i would have said "no way"

But somehow i plucked up the courage and strength (of what strength i had left) to report my abuse, find all the invoices over the last 13 years, gather so much information for my lawyer.

I DID IT!!  I am still number and i guess in shock.  i am truly grateful for this compensation yet still so emotional. i need to sit quietly and process all of this.

I just saw my psychuatrist and she was so happy to hear my news.  If it wasn't for her I wouldn't have known.

It doesn't matter how long ago the childhood abuse happened - there will always be a case.  There will always be someone to listen to you; to support you and get you through what you deserve.

I wanted to put it out there on here - in case there are others in similar situations as mine.  If i can go through all this I know you all can too.  Yes, its tough emotionally, but with the right support you can get through.

My long term aim is to help others; especially children.  I will need to work on this somehow.

I still can't believe it; I have been heard.  Validation is HUGE. 

A validation that i so craved for from my parents but never got. But it doesn't matter now; because i got it elsewhere.

I hope this helps others - there is HOPE!!!

BB xxxxx

29 REPLIES 29

Re: Victory for historical childhood sexual abuse **TW**

@BlueBay in awe of the courage and strength it took for you to go through all of this 💗💗

Thankyou my friend ❤️ @Snowie xxx

So pleased for you @BlueBay @you should be proud of yourself for standing up for yourself 

Thanks @Bow I hope you’re doing ok xx

Reading your story help me in a difficult moment. I thought I was the only one. I stopped feeling so alone.

I’m so glad I helped you @Abc1 

at this difficult time for you. 
you are not alone. 
take care 

OMG @BlueBay that is incredible! This warms me to my core to hear, I am so ecstatic for you!

Hi @Jynx 

thanks 

I’m still in shock not really believing it.
 Hope you’re well 
I’ve missed chatting to you xxx

Hugs @BlueBay !

Well done on the Victory!

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance