Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Trying to rebuild a relationship

Hi @sonnenschein

I'm getting my head around that wonderful message from @Janna to you. Giving the relationship another chance....little tingles are going up and down my arms.........

The reason being of my own journey and what I did, what we did together when things got really bad and that....we have a soul mate good strong relationship now and forever. he does'nt use illegal substanses nor excessively drinks alcohol anymore. It was hard though. 

I'lle just remember @Janna message then I'lle write what I did...it's changed both my and my husbands..

@Janna writes; about dealing with intimite relaionships with MI. This is so true. My husband, when we first got married, his illegal usage went out of control because he couldn't deal with the intimate side. WE both had to stay very still and deal with it but not many other people wanted to discuss that as being a problem. We ound that having others discuss MI and being in mid 40s and then needing direction on intimacy was pretty much a taboo subject because.....everyone should understand what being close to another is like. 

My husband was dagnosed at 19 and we met and got married and been together for about 6 or maybe 7 years, Probably 6. It wa'nt easy to deal with the big....Diagnosis so I went to pysical support groups at Arafmi and other great MI associations. IT was difficult because I felt out of my zone but.......slowly more motivated to stay with him. Joining support groups were a great thing for me to do. But also ...learning how to let go of the problems of .......us..was it such an issue? Is'nt it just society who giggles at this?? 

The other thing I did is to learn, I am the most important person in this journey. It's you. It's hard, I've missed 3 appiontments with Silver chain because he's in hospital and I'm running around with my own illness these days...So, its a big step forward and a big one back sometimes. 

@querentxyz nad @JoseJones @Appleblossom great messages esp. about the medication. Can I write one more thing? We both decided to just be kind to each other. Don't worry, we are'nt angels, we argue all the time but we strive to be kind to each other. 

While being kind; we both have worked out that we have chosen the correct person to be with. Each other. The road has been  good. I keep on reading and re reading these good good posts. So much to resond to. Being commited to the journey.....beachwalking.......

Being confronted with what his really supposedly good friends really think of him ...

( thats a story just in that comment ) 

does any of these help ??

PP

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance