Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Jamc
Senior Contributor

Tired

Why can i be so motavatd about going to gym but i can not do it at home my only friend says she will clean up but she stuck into doing Reports for school and i have an inspection on 17th & my place is a mess

8 REPLIES 8
eth
Community Elder

Re: Tired

Hi @Jamc you still have 9 days to go.  It's probably looking at the whole job that overwhelms you.  Try starting with just one room or one corner at a time and do a little each day.  Each small thing you get done helps you feel so much better you might do a bit more.  There was a discussion about cleaning on the Friday Feast thread last night that might help.  Just put it on the search bar and click enter and you will find the thread.  There were a couple of good links to FlyLady and UnF*#k Your Habitat websites that are about cleaning too.  

Hopefully your friend finds time to help you.  Also when they inspect they are looking for damage as much as anything else - some piles of mess can be tucked into cupboards so they don't see it!  I always tell my tenancy manager I've been unwell if anything seems neglected.

Jamc
Senior Contributor

Yea i know but sarting to stress about it the more i get stressed the harder it is 2 do anything thankfully i live in a Qld Housing place & i do what u said hide things but i am trying to declutter my place as i can hardly move i start 2 bdo it but get mad as i can not stay focused one 1 thing just keep wandering around and get nowhere

eth
Community Elder

I just googled 'decluttering' and it looks like there are a bunch of helpful websites that might help you get started.  Have a look at those other ones I mentioned too, they make it seem much easier.  I had a look at them last night and got a little bit done today as a result.  

Jamc
Senior Contributor

Thank u
eth
Community Elder

I make lists too and then prioritise things e.g. dishes, bathroom, floors, obvious dirty areas.  I'm in public housing too and believe me they see some extremely damaged places.  If yours is mostly full of 'stuff' and not damaged you should be ok.  Try making piles of stuff to get rid of and stuff to sort through too. I've been to known just to throw a cloth over a pile so it seems it could be clean washing!  Hope this is helping.  If you are there when they inspect they won't open your cupboards.

Jamc
Senior Contributor

Thats what i say 2 them i am just piling it up to make more room all they are interested in is 2 see that the Fire Alarm works & i have the right sinage & the place is not falling down so why so satressed aqbout it

eth
Community Elder

Sounds like you do want to do a major declutter but for now maybe it's best just to focus on what is essential for this inspection.  When you are ready for the big clean out Salvation Army will probably pick up anything that's useful for free.  You could make a pile that is for them, undercover outside if possible, and tell tenancy manager that's what's happening.  Not sure if this is appropriate as I don't know what sort of 'clutter' you meant.

I have a clutter spot in my house that I just cant face yet ... so it stays there .. most of the rest of the place is ok .... and I had to integrate music and book collections last year because my mother died ... so I try not to get too hard on yself about it ... Honestly I have had the time to do it ... but not the mindset ... so it waits for when I do.

Some of those websites have great ideas and just start and pick one piece up at a time ... when I am sorting sometimes I can get quite ruthless... and just ditch a lot of stuff ... but I dont usually regret it.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance