Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: This may be triggering

It's so incredibly hard to experience that feeling @Former-Member It sounds like you're doing all the right things to make your environment safe by seeking the support of your housemate and your partner when you need. As @Tortoiseshell mentioned, please don't hesitate to contact Lifeline 13 11 14 in a crisis. And of course you can contact 000 if at any time you're worried about your immediate safety. Take good care of yourself  🌻

Re: This may be triggering

@Former-Member I think Wednesday must have been a black day. I could not manage the multiple things that all happened leading to unbearable distress. Today I emerged out of my dark hole and saw your message. How are you today? It is such a crushing feeling to put yourself out there and be treated uncaringly. My son's are my strength too. Over the years of having on the one hand, loving children who saw me at my worst and loved and needed me, and on the other hand, a birth family who seemed to despise me even at my best, something shifted. I somehow was able to feel hurt without being devastated and disempowered when my "family" behaved badly. Years on, I feel sad they have missed the wonderful real connection I have with my kids and family of choice. Yesterday, a niece I had "lost" through distancing myself, came and visited. She came to see ME. And now a new relationship can begin. Thank you for sharing your feelings of distress. They are real. Your son will grow up knowing that actions have consequences and feeling pain is what happens when really upsetting things happen. My last son turned 18 so imI working on surviving for me instead of my children. Not sure how good I am at that yet, but thank you for reminding me things can change and I have more strength and wisdom than sometimes I realise. I'm sure you do too. I wish you well. Andra.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance