Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: The difficulty of picturing mental illness

I picture it as being like the maze from Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. But much larger, darker and dangerous.

The_Maze_Triwizard_Tournament_3rd_Task.jpg

A place with many dark, dangerous dead ends where you could become trapped in your own mind. Instead of monsters & traps as you seek freedom, it's your own thoughts, emotions and actions that assail you. If you do happen to approach the exit, the walls move, forcing you back deeper into the maze once more.

Thank you for the thought.

But even the image has been deleted. i am surrounded by people who cant or dont want to know .

now even an image of someone alone is to much.i see mine was deleted.

yes now i really do feel isolated in this world.

Scaorpion

I'm sorry to hear you're having such a difficult time right now, @SCORPION. Please don't feel that the image you posted being removed was in any way a rejection or dismissal of you or of the imagery that most reasonates with your experience of mental illness. The feelings of loneliness and isolation you mention were also central to @MoonGal and @BlueBay in their descriptions of what mental illness looks like for them. Even though there is a sense of a shared experience (and this is what we hope the forum is here for), each person describes that experience in a very individual way. It's really important that the forum remains an open and supportive space for all our members, and this includes being mindful of any content that could be triggering for others.  

I really hope that sharing with and hearing from others who know of this loneliness helps you feel less isolated.  

Hi @SCORPION

Just letting you know your picture has gone back up. Sorry - that was my fault. I knew part of the post was removed, but not sure how the picture was too.
Take care,
Nik

It helped me to see your image. Glad you posted again. @SCORPION Havent seen you around the forum for a while.

desolation_by_alexiuss.jpg

@SCORPION, I guess @BamBam must be right, cause we're both on the same page in terms of seeing that image you posted as a great expression of the mental illness experience.

I'm glad your pic is back @SCORPION, didn't get to see it when you originally posted it.

Take care.

I see it as a beautiful red rose bud - or a brilliant large tree - full of potential but eaten from the inside by a grub - - but collapses one day - and no one ever notices - what could have been - - the demise is ever so gradual public yet private, visible yet ignored , 

Hello all

There is more care and beauty in the people here than in the outside world.

if the average"person on the street looked up from the phones and saw the world through our eyes

they may actually appreciate what is out there thank you all fro caring.

Scorpion

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance