Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Taking the plunge

@Maggie @CheerBear @Former-Member @outlander @Gazza75 

For all of you getting into the really fiddly but exciting work of producing beautiful art - good on all of you for that - what  you have all put up is excellent and I wish I had the courage to get into it too but I know my hand/eye coordination isn't good

But I have a small collection of sea-worn glass and I know people use that for art work - and I have been wondering for years what to do about it - because I love it

It would be good to go down to the beach more often - it seems to wash up on the nearest beach - that's where I have collected most of it - and it is pretty

Thanks Gazza - I do seem to have my energy back this morning - taking things easy can be a good way of finding it

And Outlander - you have been experiencing a lot of really difficult events lately - and you are doing artwork - that's excellent

And whoever it was who wanders from one room to the next looking for the coffee they are holding in their hand - I have done something like that - I was in a hotel room and searched through my luggage looking for my phone - with a plane to catch as well - and I couldn't find it - but guess where it was - not in my hand but really close - I had packed it first - in my pocket - egad - I was flustered but yes - I caught my plane

It's Friday everyone - time for my Friday owls

Dec

Have the best Friday possible everyoneHave the best Friday possible everyone

@Owlunar, talk of the beach glass brings back fond memories to Me.  I used to come across a fair bit of it.

glass 1.jpg

glass 2.jpg

A bit of eye candy i found on Pinterest 🙂

@Maggie @Owlunar @CheerBear @Former-Member @outlander 💜

Have a safe journey home Sherry 🙂

It's a great start to hear you have sold some pieces already Outlander, good for you 🙂

Nice to hear from you chatterboxes Maggie and CB 🙂  I really liked your mosaic Maggie.  I think you can turn your hand to about anything ! 🙂  Hope you enjoy the scones/cooking/crafting CB, its great that you know someone as well.  I am glad that you are safe, well and in a good positive environment.  Thanks for keeping us up to date and informed with how you are going 🙂 Heart

Have a safe journey home @Former-Member  and le us know you are home xoxo

Hello @Maggie , @Owlunar , @Gazza75 , @CheerBear 

@CheerBear  Coffee? ️ Milo??

I was/am really pleased to read that you are proud of the steps you took to get you to where you are now. Letting your guard down is a very big step f o r w a r d. Also healing from past MH experiences we do need change @CheerBear .

Looking at statistics, mental health is going to explode. Young and old are suffering, and change needs to come. I think it will, but barriers are coming down slowly.

I had some twisted thinking made not so twisted with counsellor yesterday.  I met one of my new neighbors who told me the recent history of my flat. Hyper vigilant and then some for two nights, with an imagination to match. 😁😁😁

We talked about a childhood of being as small, silent and invisible to stay safe. How good seemed wrong and punished. That it’s ok for good things to happen now, without bad following. It’s hard to unravel history , but knot by knot, we try. Last night was heaps better.

Did you make scones yesterday with nice clicking person.? I hope your day had so many good things, no matter how small, and some big things, no matter how big.

Fund raiser tomorrow. Nervous as, but there will be fun.

Sending 💙💙💜💜

Thinking of you today @Former-Member  and the long drive home. Holly will be excited, so will you. 🐾🐾🐾🐶🐶🐶

Looking forward to hearing how the DP gifts were received, if you want to share.

Sending 💚💚💚💚

Thanks for the vote of confidence @Gazza75. Always appreciated from a fellow artist.👍

I think you are at the farm this weekend. I know you like it there, so unless it’s too hot, I hope it’s pleasant, and you can relax and unwind.

Its so nice reading your caring supportive posts all around the forums. You are a good person.

Take care, and enjoy the farm. 💙💜💚

@Owlunar  I think we have all put things away safely, only to forget where ‘ safely’ was. But with a plane waiting, yes flustered and then some. 😕✈️✈️

Your glass treasures sound lovely. Mosaic doesn’t have to be small and fiddly. It could become your flat number, or a wall hanging for you and everyone to admire. But, it might not be your thing, and that’s fine. Treasures, no matter how they come, are treasures.

How is the weekend looking for you? We are warming up, but not too much.

Take care @Owlunar  💚❤️💛

Morning everyone 🙂👋

Very late start for me today. I took decent meds to help sleep but had them late. Not the worst thing.

@Maggie smiled lots reading your posts. How's your coffee? I made an extra just in case it was refill o'clock.

Yesterday sounds a bit rollercoastery for you. I can imagine the yuck of the hyoervigilance with the flat. How was neighbour (aside from triggering the tricky?).

It's so hard to unravel history and to rewire thinking that bad follows always. I really appreciate how difficult it might be to be not invisible if that's what you needed to stay safe. I'm thinking even here it would have been/still be hard to let yourself be seen. I'm super glad we get to see you ❤

I hope the fundraiser isn't super stressful and has more fun than not. Is there any doing that needs doing for it today?

I'm heading home today, just for a couple of hours. I can get my car and some things and look a little less like I'm rocking the "just got out of hospital" look, which I'm looking forward to.

I had a wonky day yesterday but it ended with some really good stuff. I spent time talking with an awesome person, deep and meaningful stuff, until late. I had a great chat with another from a different unit (there are two here and we don't mingle much but have one common outside area) who is experiencing their first big MH crisis and feels scared. Also went for a walk with someone (unit 1 also) who lives with lots of people inside them and learned so much about what that's like for them. I love the people here. Everyone in the middle of struggle. Everyone working through it and having compassion because of it. It's pretty magic sometimes.

That's me 🙂

❤ to everyone. Brain still not in a place to respond widely but getting there.

Extra coffe sounds good @CheerBear .

Neighbour seemed nice @CheerBear . A rough diamond sort of person. I like those people, they make you search out hidden treasures. ❤️❤️

I Guess wonky days are to be expected @CheerBear. Lots of rest. I think talking to others who really do understand helps with, this is my normal, from what I have experienced. I have to remind myself always of that. Everyone’s normal is different, though I don’t think normal exists. 😁😁😁

I smiled reading you are talking to someone with many others. Complicated, challenging, but being heard is magic. I have one I don’t get on with at all, but she knows my counsellor thinks she rocks. She reminds me often.

Home for awhile today. It might feel strange, or it might not. Sparkly boots? Some ‘not a patient look’ will be good. LF will be full of questions and feels. You too. Could be draining and really nice, both together.

You are doing really well. Please rest whenever you can. Take it slowly. I know that’s a huge ask. 

The fund raiser is well and truly organised. Just tricky feels with my stuff being good enough, and rejection if not. 💜💜

Top up

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance