Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Tactile hallucinations?

@Queenie I have this. It drives me crazy as it's hard to believe it's not real. I have thought it might be sleep deprivation, but honestly don't know for sure. I have thought of discussing it with my GP but don't want more medications.

Hello @Former-Member, @-Rayne-@greenpea@Maggie and @outlander, I did fess up to the GP and in consultation with my psychiatrist, one of my medications has been lowered a little with much success. The tactile hallucinations are gone. Not sure how lowering (or why lowering) medication worked, but my GP was basically saying I was under a lot of stress due to concentration problems due to the sedating effects of this medication. Since it's been lowered, I am able to do more and believe it or not get a more restful sleep, can concentrate and not be so drowsy during my day. It took about 4 days but the tactiles are again a thing of the past. I am glad of this, as they can really trigger off delusions if left too long and it was a place I didn't want to go again. 

I'm glad that my medication wasn't increased or another medication introduced that would have sedated me further. Isn't it amazing that something as small as tweaking one tablet can have such a huge difference?

Thats great news! @Queenie meds can have some weird side effects cant they. Im glad it all sorted now

@outlander@QueenieMeds are so weird with me it was increasing that stopped them and with mine I really didnt want them gone as they were fun .... oh well there you go.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance