Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

ivee
Casual Contributor

Stalking

I’ve been experiencing stalking, injury & harassment for 2.5 years now.

On the whole I know there are a lot of wonderful people around, unfortunately I’m only seeing and experiencing the nasty, vindictive side.  

It is making me reluctant to go out.  

Its hard to trust my decisions, I act out of fear, always looking around to see if anyone is following, and then I say to myself, just ignore them, only to have something else happen and its hard to ignore.

Their sole purpose seems to be to intimidate, and disrupt me as much as possible while staying within the law.

They effect any relationship I may form.  I may chat and start to make a new friend, only to find I never see them again.

When I first arrived here, they would sit on the next table and stare full on, one time they did this to my sister in law when I was sat with them.

she also witnessed them eavesdropping on our conversation, while standing behind me.

They will copy my actions, I have dsyphagia because of problems with surgery, and am always clearing my throat. 

there was a period when they did the same. this has stopped now.  I told a counsellor one day on the phone about it, and how harmful it is to the throat and that I am pleased about this aspect, and they.  stopped which makes me wonder if they can eavesdrop on my conversations.

They have slandered me in some way to the local shops, as they will be fine at first and then change, not be friendly,No longer smile at me.

there was a local shop that I used to have takeaway food deliveried from, they have stopped delivery to me now, when I order, it is much later that I receive the message that my order has been cancelled by them.

Some will walk past me with there head held low as if making a point, trying to shame me for some reason.  

One person in a red car that drove by near my home, shouted out ‘go home bitch’ to me.

Another time in a carpark some youths shouted that ‘I was a dog’.

A woman approached me while I was parking and banged the top of my car hard.

My tires have been let down.

my tyre air cap taken off.

The paintwork on my car has been chipped away at the back.

They follow and photograph me.

Damage has been done to my home, things thrown on the roof.

a lit cigarette butt through my car window.

This is the type of things that have been happening to me, it is ongoing and relentless.

If anyone has any advice, it would be appreciated.

Also I have been physically injured by them.

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Stalking

hi @ivee if you know who this person is, can you report them to police?

Hey @ivee ,

Sorry to hear you have been experiencing all this. It must be so stressful to sit with. It's understandable you do not want to leave the house.

I read you have a counsellor to speak to. Do you have anyone else you can confide in? Is there someone at home with you?

ivee
Casual Contributor

I dont know who it is.  

that is really tough @ivee perhaps going in to the police station might still be helpful. show them your evidence and tell them everything thats happening. they may be able to help you somehow.

do you have anyone living with you to help keep an eye out for this person? do you have any supports in place to help you manage?

Sorry for all these questions, but is it the same person or many people? @ivee 

ivee
Casual Contributor

@tyme many, perhaps one person initiated it all. I’m on the dark or deep web now.

ivee
Casual Contributor

@outlander @tyme 

I any one can recommend a private detective that would be great.

hi @ivee unfortunately we aren't able to recommend anyone specifically but i guess if you do some research for your area it might bring something up.
Your local police station would be a good place to start though, they may even be able to recommend detectives for your area
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance