Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Update and thanks to all

@Notsomentalau @Appleblossom @Shazab @Shimmer @rogueone @Queenie @Ayesha @R4012Hello all. I thought I'd update you since you guys have been so kind and caring. Thanks so much all of you, for your support and stories. Honestly, it means a lot. So, I moved towns. Which meant finding all new help. It would have gone a lot smoother if not for the aforementioned psychiatrist; who diagnosed me with schizophrenia. turned out to be super dodgy. Upon recieving his notes and file on me my entire team of new mental health professionals were completely dumbfounded. He denies ever diagnosing me with anything other than a simple depression and will not tell them why I am on all the right medication for bipolar/schizophrenia. I am now forced to be admitted to a psychiatric hospital because they are completely unsure of what the hell is going on for me. I'm on a shit ton of medication, I'm incontinent, I can't sleep in my own bed, I can't be left alone, I either don't sleep or sleep too much and I have 1000tons of trauma and emotional issues. I'm kinda in the shit. Does anyone else have severe emotional numbness? No empathy? Detached from emotions? Can't feel love? Thinks they're the best person to have walked the earth? Has no respect for other people? Can't form emotional bonds? Just wondering. Sorry if this all sounds depressing or anxious....honestly speaking I have very little feeling left so I really don't know how I feel going through this. It's hard though. It'll get better and honestly it's a releif knowing I'm going to hospital. Thank you all again for everything. I'd love to be more personal in my response but honestly it is very hard for me to delve into all of this. 

Re: Update and thanks to all

Hi @universepocket

Your positivity and creativity are important parts of you but sometimes we are more anchored in different parts of ourselves.

Sad that you have had lots of trauma.

If you are on a lot of antipsychotics it will interfere with your feelings.  I hope they do sort it out quickly. When I was younger I was much more numbed and detached ... I kind of looked at other people as if through a long telescope but couldnt really "feel" for them... but then I did a lot of feeling and body based therapies ... 

I am medication compliant (antidep) but skeptcal & wary. Both my parents were diagnosed with schizophrenia .. so I was very paranoid about "getting" it to ...

Take care and yes keep us posted ... psychiatrists have a great deal of power and influence in people's lives and they do make mistakes ...  its important you get the right care.

Re: Update and thanks to all

hey,

What you are describing sounds like schizophrenia but I'm no expert. Hang in there with your treatment team and relax. Schizoprhenia isn't diagnosed lightly and most psychiatrists have a clue! I'm sure there are bad ones.....Haven't met one yet but I'm lucky!

Rogueone. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance