Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

BPDSurvivor
Community Guide

Raising Awareness of BPD - Flipping the Script

Hi Everyone!

BPD (Borderline Personality Disorder) is a highly misunderstood and stigmatised condition. For those who don't know, since 2011, each year 1st to 7th October is BPD AWARENESS WEEK.

This year 2020, the campaign was titled "Flipping the Script" to help people see the 'flip-side' to BPD and change the narrative on BPD. See more at BPDawareness.

As a continuation of raising awareness of BPD from tonight's Topic Tuesday// BPD Awareness– Flipping the script with a special guest from Spectrum// Tues 6th Oct... , I'm wondering if anyone would kindly share their experiences of BPD?

Over the years, I have found it quite challenging to find a social network of people with experiences of BPD. Hence I am hoping to create a network of people and a place where we can 'hang out', share resources, support each other, hear each other out, etc.

@Judi9877 @BlueBay @outlander @Determined @Shaz51 and anyone else.

I'd love to hear from you!

Cheers,

BPDSurvivor

819 REPLIES 819

Re: Raising Awareness of BPD - Flipping the Script

Hi @BPDSurvivor 

im more than happy to share my experiences with BPD 

I need a bit of time to think 

so I'll be back xxx😊

Hi @BlueBay ,

That would be awesome. As you mentioned on Topic Tuesday, you don't talk about BPD to your family much. This would be a good chance for you to safely share parts of your journey. We are not here to judge. But only if you feel up to it.

Perhaps this forum could even be a stepping stone for you to brave it out in case one day you wanted to speak to your family about it.

BPDSurvivor

500DB09A-4CE4-4F50-A2C1-CDF6AEFE1F1F.jpeg

I want to share this TED Talk which goes into how the strengths of people with personality 'disorders'. Food for thought.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6z6M3ToTT54#dialog 

@BlueBay @Shaz51 @Peonies @Judi9877 @Determined @outlander 

Also, the Australian BPD Foundation has begun a petition to seek change in boosting the number of Medicare-funded therapy sessions from the current 10 to 40. Julian (from Spectrum) mentioned this in Topic Tuesday// BPD Awareness– Flipping the script with a special guest from Spectrum// Tues 6th Oct... 

If you want to find out more about what you can do, go to PLEASE HELP! Increase Medicare-Funded visits for BPD You can do your part. We don't want BPD therapy to only support the wealthy. You all deserve targeted therapy!

@BlueBay @Peonies @Shaz51 @outlander @Determined 

thanks for the tag @BPDSurvivor i dont have much to add atm.

@Sans911 might be interested in this thread too

thank you for the tag @BPDSurvivor 

Heart

@nashy@Judi9877 

soo glad you have started this new thread , way to go my Co CG Smiley Very Happy

hello @sara74 

how is your day going today my friend xx

Hi Everyone!

Thought I'd share the following with you.

@Shaz51 @outlander @BlueBay @nxx @sara74 @Schitzo 

7602EF7C-CEFE-42E1-81D7-F6B17A9DBE7F.pngE296D7FA-7091-4768-9177-3C2BA714B73F.pngB9E5E304-7FFF-48A9-9235-C29736D43383.jpeg

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance