Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

louisa694
Senior Contributor

Psychosis / Schizophrenia / Depression and Anxiety

I’ve been hearing voices for a year now and I still suffer from it. I saw my psychologist last year and she said that I’ve got psychosis. 

I now have been diagnosed with schizophrenia because it hasn’t gone away and it hasn’t got any better.  
I get voices through the T.V/ radio. I can’t watch t.v or have the volume up because I struggle. My symptoms get worse when I’m around with anything that makes a noise like a hairdryer or a bathroom fan even triggers it. Pretty much what ever I do and where ever I go, the voices are there. It never goes away. I have auditory hallucinations. I believe that I’m psychic but that can’t be true. It’s like I’m communicating to someone inside my head and they can read and hear my thoughts. Everything that I think inside my head, the voices can hear and they comment on it. 

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Schizophrenia/psychosis

That's quite a mystery, @louisa694.  The voices are separate to the dialogue on TV or radio, but occur at the same time? And they connect to electrical appliances generally? At other times too?

Many of us have psychic abilities, and others have them but aren't aware as psychic instances pass unnoticed for them, so don't dismiss it. Psychic abilities are a human sense. Animals have them too.

Hi @Historylover 

At the moment I can’t enjoy watching a t.v show. The voice in my head interferes with it. Yes the voice and the dialogue from the t.v are definitely separate. The voices mostly occur when I have the hairdryer and exhaust fan going in the kitchen over the stove and bathroom. I get the voices when I’m in the car ( the sounds of the car engine going). I’m currently taking medication to ease the symptoms. The psychiatrist is working on the level I need to take with the medication but at the moment I’m still struggling. 

Hey @louisa694 ,

That certainly sounds tough - to have all those voices in your mind, even when you don't ask for them or respond to them!

I'm glad you have been able to speak to a professional about it. Meds can be challenging to get right. However, once you find the 'right' one, hopefully you'll see symptoms resolve themselves.

It's good you've been able to recognise these as voices. Can you find ways to help you through it? For example, does journalling help? Going out?

You are not alone. 

Hope to see you around on the forums so that you can connect with others with similar challenges.

Hey @tyme 

I also suffer from depression and anxiety. I have a lot of negative thoughts. I find it hard to stay positive about things.

I say a lot of swear words in my head (not out loud) but I don’t mean it. It’s like my thoughts are being controlled by someone else. The thoughts that I’m having is not who I am. 
When I say something bad inside my head or out loud, the voices in my head criticize and yell at me.  

Does anyone else have horrible/ terrible thoughts running through their head? Is this a symptom of schizophrenia? 

I find that listening to music helps keep me distracted from the voices. Also, journalling helps a lot. Writing things down and reading helps aswell. It keeps my mind distracted from having bad thoughts and hearing the voices. 

I get messages from the television and radio, it like the television/radio is talking about me and my thoughts are being broadcast through the media. I feel like it can hear my thoughts and it knows what I’m thinking. 

I find going out very difficult. I was out for dinner with my husband for his birthday a couple of weeks ago and I really struggled being around lots of people in a busy noisy place. The louder the noise, the worse my symptoms are. I was constantly hearing voices and I wanted to run out of there. It was very uncomfortable… but I find that being around and having a conversation with family and friends helps and it distracts me from the voices and thoughts. 

Re: Psychosis / Schizophrenia / Depression and Anxiety

Hello, @louisa694. I find the concept of 'hearing voices' fascinating and wonder why psychiatrists do not identify the origin, rather than prescribing medication which only alleviates symptoms while patients take medication. 

Unless I'm mistaken, brains do not generate thoughts? Thoughts are a function of mind, and mind is a function of our consciousness?

As consciousness comes from both within—our own consciousness/awareness—and without—we share consciousness, which is the origin of telepathy, precognition, clairvoyance etc., it seems to me that 'hearing voices' is either the subconscious surfacing (from within) or telepathic communication generated by interpersonal interactions/relationships (from without).

Again, I may be mistaken but I understand that thoughts are electromagnetic in nature which I understand is also involved in electrical appliances?

I'm just an intrigued amateur in this field, but I seem to be the only one who wants to get to the origin of this phenomenon. Perhaps the professionals should take up the baton and solve a lot of problems for their patients, seeking cause, not just treatment.

@Historylover 

Thanks very much for your thoughts about it…

@Historylover 

Very interesting. Thanks for your response.

@Ballard1891@louisa694, I have had much interest in the perception of 'hearing voices' for many years, and I am not satisfied with medical practices that merely medicate without trying to identify cause. It just seems an indifferent approach to me. 

However, I had never heard of an electrical connection before. I know none of your history—whether 'voices' occurred with other symptoms, their nature—if hostile eg., whether they occurred after a significant event etc., but I am in the middle of watching a YouTube video about electrical charge stored in the body and I am wondering if there may be something similar going on here. It talks of the charge in the body, the ground and the atmosphere, discusses synthetics and static electricity. I imagine where you live is properly earthed electrically? Do you wear synthetic clothes? I am just considering further possibilities to cover all bases.

Anyway, it's certainly something to think further about and I thought I would mention it in conjunction with my earlier, more reasonable explanation.

Hi @Historylover

Thanks for that. 

I’m still trying to work it out. I’ll ask my psychiatrist when I see him next and see if there is some sort of connection between hearing voices and electrical appliances. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance