Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Flower88
Senior Contributor

Panic attacks

So ever since my mother decided to move closer my anxiety has been very bad and now I have generalised anxiety disorder. It's very hard and can be restrictive on living life. However I want to give some tips on all the suffers here as I find it's helping me helping others.
1.Remember panick attack is temporary and it will
pass
2. You may feel uncomfortable buts not dangerous, keep telling yourself when you are having an attack.
3. In an attack tap the side of your hand (pinky side)with two fingers or your check bones just below the eyes
3. A trick which is called grounding. When you feel an attack. Look around find 5 things you can see, 3 things you can touch.
4. Don't run away or try to distract yourself in a panic attack, own it and acknowledge this is an attack, you are ok it's not dangerous just breath and if you can close your eyes.
5. When having an attack say "bring it on" do your best!
6. And say to your anxiety to bad so said your are coming with me whether you like it or not! Got a problem with that?? No fricken bad mate!
7. Lastly, take care of yourself, make yourself a priority it's ok to be selfish, your inner peace comes first, go get that massage, go buy that little gift for you. Don't be afraid to tell people you are going through a hard time and just need some time on your own. The right people with stay in your life no matter what.
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Panic attacks

Love this @Flower88.  Thanks for sharing these tips.  Do you have this list handy so that you can refer to it or do you have it down pat now?  I would imagine that a copy on the fridge or photographed in your phone would be handy.

I'm intrigued about the tapping.  It's not something I know a great deal about.  Do you find that it helps you?

Re: Panic attacks

Hi @suxanne I am constantly having anxiety attacks that these are the things I remember. Yeah it was something I found, and it seems to help me alittle. 🙂
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance