Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: PTSD. ADD. CHRONIC FATIGUE. Etcetera. Anyone else looking for understanding? 😁

It wasn't easy giving it up, that's for sure. 😀

Re: PTSD. ADD. CHRONIC FATIGUE. Etcetera. Anyone else looking for understanding? 😁

Do you have a partner now? I have a husband.

no partner for me, i left my ex 3 long years ago... went through the criminal trial finally last year, he was found guilty but just given fine for the DV, now he's trying to get full custody of the children becauseo of my mental health.. so the ongoing family court continues... sigh!

Thats great that you have a partner though, what age is your daughter now? my two are in lower primary school.

She's in high school. Sorry to hear about your ex. I've had some real creeps (abusive ).
I find it difficult living with anyone due to PTSD and ADD.
I hope it works out for you. Must be so draining and stressful.

Oh wow! I wish it still worked for me. It was great. I don't understand why it stopped working. How much do you take? I'll be off for a bit. Back soon. 😀

Chat soon. Back on later. 😊

That's great the meds work for you Tyler. How much do you take. I don't understand why they don't work for me like they did in the beginning. Tried adjusting the dose.

Sorry you have more court cases to go through. So stressful for you lisajane.

I know what you mean @Former-Member about how it feels like its not working anymore after a couple weeks or so.  But I went 28 days without medication for ADD and it was a living nightmare of a time. Tolerence develops on these medications, so it doesnt feel as powerful or effective.  I'm at that point now.  But compared to not being treated, I am doing way better.  I was pacing, fidgety, unable to focus on much of anything and sleepy all the time when I went unmedicated.  Now, most of that has changed for the better....

Hi Riley. The medication only worked for 2 or 3 months for me. It gradually made me feel worse. I tried taking less, but still felt really awful, worse anxiety, extreme fatigue, cranky etcetera. I had a week's break and tried a small amount one day recently and felt terrible all day. Doesn't make sense really. I was great for a couple of months on it.
Very disappointing, but meds just don't suit me. Have tried heapsof anti depressants, they made me feel worse. Took them for anxiety, not good for me. In a book about ADD, written by a psychiatrist, he mentioned that with some people with ADD, anti depressants make them feel worse. It helped me reading this book, explained alot about what I go through. If I was in the US I would go to his clinic. He has studied the brain alot and scans his patients brains, before treating them. The scan shows that people with ADD have little activity in the front of the brain, the frontal cortex. Often caused by brain trauma. Very interesting book.
Glad that the meds are still helping you.
I've done heaps of research over the years, trying to get better. It has helped me, eliminating certain foods and preservatives from my diet. Sugar is the worst for me. If I want something sweet I try and eat it in the morning, otherwise I have trouble sleeping.
Slowly getting better. 😀
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance