Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Sunshine14
New Contributor

PARC

I am 55 and due to go into a PARC facility next week. I am terrified. I have borderline personality disorderand am really worried that I won't cope there. Although I guess I 'm not coping anyway. The thought of having to cook and eat with strangers scares the hell out of me. I would appreciate any thoughts. Thank you
4 REPLIES 4

Re: PARC

Hello @Sunshine14 Welcome to the forum ...

I have never been in a PARC ... I didnt realise that you do your own cooking in them ... have you ever been in a youth hostel?   Maybe its a bit like that??

CherryBomb
Senior Contributor

Hi @Sunshine14,

I'm not exactly sure what a PARC facility is either. Can I clarify is it a mid-term rehabilitation facility for MI?

Either way, from what you've written in your post, it sounds like a place that you will be staying for some time, and understandably feeling nervous about. 

From what I understand, these places are there to give you support during your time there. It's suppose to be an environment to keep you safe. Have you had a chance to meet workers or visit the facility? Any idea of what the routine will be like there?  It might be helpful to speak to workers about how you're feeling and ask if there is anything that they can do to ease you into the transtion?

CB

AlienBP2
Senior Contributor

Maybe you just have " fear of the unknown "... Find out more it most likley is nog as scary as you think...you may even like it...
Fancy_Pants
Senior Contributor

Hi @Sunshine14,

Did you move into the PARC facility? If so how is it? Is there anyone that could be a potential friend in the future? 

Hopefully its not as scary as you thought....?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance