Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

CrazyTiger
Contributor

Over this way of life

Hi. I am so over living in this nightmare of moods and emotions. I just want to get off this roller-coaster. Im sick of not being able to have two days in a row where I feel happy.
How do others cope? What am I doing wrong?
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Over this way of life

Can relate @CrazyTiger I have Bipolar 1 so sometimes I feel like I'm at my moods mercy. It's so inconsistent and unpredictable which makes basically everything tiring at best, exhausting at worst. I cope sometimes, and sometimes I don't. Sticking to some kind of routine helps. Getting good sleep helps. I take medication. I wish I didn't have to, but I couldn't work without it and fear I'd end up homeless. I have 2 kids to look after (lone parent like you) and I need my job. In an ideal world I'd spend my days in nature, getting lots of exercise, but it's not an ideal world, especially for people with complex mental illness. Do you have any health people in your corner - drs etc? Thinking of you.

Hi @frog. That must suck having BP. I find it hard enough with BPD to get through some days.
I was meant to be out today with a couple of friends, but I just couldn't do it. Such a waste of a sunny day 😪
I just want to get back into my bed and sleep through the emotions, but my little girl ain't gonna allow that one.
I have a new GP and a psychologist that I've had for about a year now. Wish I still had my original psych.
Thanks for thinking of me.
I hope you are having a better day.

I'm having an ok day thanks @CrazyTiger I know that 'can't I just go back to bed' feeling. How old is your daughter? Kids can be so demanding. When they are little it's kinda relentless. Mine are big now and they still wear me out, especially the teenage boy. Sometimes I feel bad about what I can't give my kids in material terms. We barely get by. But generally, I try and focus on what I can do for them, even if some days that's just hanging in there and getting food on the table. I hope you get good sleep tonight. Be kind to yourself.

Hi @frog
Apologies as I've just seen your post. I'm still trying to work out how this thing even works.
Nothing has changed for me and my 3 year old.
So I'm still feeling the whole "over it" thing.

You aren't doing anything wrong.

All I can suggest is you seek help and talk to people. I know this is hard but I have found this forum to be a godsend. I joined just a week ago and I have had an opportunity to vent my feelings and NOONE has judged me for doing so. That is such a relief.

Best advice I can offer is to avoid negative and judgemental people. I know this is hard but if you can, you might see a reduction in your negative feelings.

Good luck.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance