Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Old hobbies / interests; new beginnings. #hope #fun #routine

Hey Vortican

Ive played a variety including, ska, reggae, metal, covers. I have also played heaps of classical music. I'm one of those creative bipolar people who do a crazy number of creative things. So I play a few instruments. 🎹🎸🎻🎤 and other stuff. 🤪😎. Then I fall in a big hole at a random time can't think straight or do anything. Then feel a bit better and then feel down about all the things I used to and can do and now struggle to do. At least I don't have the mania. So I'm trying to do at least some routine with a bit of music.

hmm probably too much info. Ah well. 

Hey @WriterMelb

Thanks for answering - not too much info at all 😀

That's cool about all the different types of music you play. I play guitar and sing as a way to relax, but I'm sure no one who heard me would find it relaxing haha 😅 Helps when I'm feeling anxious.

I get what you mean about feeling down about things that used to be do-able  and are now harder. A couple of years ago I was at a family thing and there was a piano and I was being egged on to play for everyone but I hadn't played in months and hadn't learned a new song in years so it was embarrassing, then my sibling came over and showed me up. That's why I bought a proper sized keyboard to actually start playing again (I had one that was only 5 octaves when I moved out of home and I didn't like having to adapt the songs to it) . 

I understand the fear about seeming ridiculous in front of others. Band auditions are like that for me. I have no idea at how they see things. Choice of sounds, style, improv, all are issues. Talking now Im ok. In an hour or two who knows. That is also a real fear. When im playing, im good! I have included a good generic pic of my keyboard, my pride and Joy. Fantastic for live. Most settings can be changed on the fly. WriterMelbC37FBB45-60F2-45DF-934D-10089F828EA0.jpeg

I understand the fear about seeming ridiculous in front of others. Band auditions are like that for me. I have no idea at how they see things. Choice of sounds, style, improv, all are issues. Talking now Im ok. In an hour or two who knows. That is also a real fear. When im playing, im good! I have included a good generic pic of my keyboard, my pride and Joy. Fantastic for live. Most settings can be changed on the fly. WriterMelb (sorry about the double post. The connection threw a hissy fit)C37FBB45-60F2-45DF-934D-10089F828EA0.jpeg

Good to hear @WriterMelb , sorry to hear that you've had a rough day though, I hope you feel better

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance