Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Flower88
Senior Contributor

Not coping

So I have generalised anxiety which has turned into chronic dizziness and now breathing difficulties! What's next I'm so %#**angry and not coping, this is going to sound bad, but why me! I'm supposed to be going out and having fun! Now I can't go out for longer then a few hours, if it's not anxiety attacks it's my dizziness and now I have breathing issues, partly due to a virus and I haven't taken my inhaler since I was young and now I'm constantly taking it. My life has gone down the drain. There rant over 😞
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Not coping

Your experience sounds very familiar. I had Panic disorder, GAD, agoraphobia, social anxiety, asthma and was experiencing physical symptoms like you describe. I also had a lot of chest pains and thought I had a heart problem and was dying. It was all anxiety related and masking itself in physical symptoms. Talk to your GP. Make them help you! If they won't find one that will. You're life might feel down the drain but it's not. You need strategies and perhaps medication. You can recover.

Hi @Flower88,

how are you feeling today? Was yesterday a particularly bad day or are you living with those feelings daily?

i like your idea @blackdog about talking to your GP, do you also have a psychologist/counsellor who is helping you with the anxiety Flower88? If so have you both worked on any strategies that you find helpful? 

Not sure what you think of this but @ninjak recently posted this as a option to help people when they are having a particularly bad day (if you use it let us know what you think)

take care

yes, G A sucks, rant away.....

do anything that helps!

I would do anything to go back in time when my body didn't react to stress so badly.

I had some breathlessness after I got a cold, had to go on a puffer.

The breathlessness did go away after a few months but mine doesn't sound as bad as yours.

I would see someone about the dizziness, there has to be something they/you can do/get.

Thanks all 🙂 yeah it was a bad day and it's been a bad day today. I have a cousin that's been through same thing as me. I'm going to try find some breathing techniques to help me. It's so so hard my breathing is so laboured 😞

Some days are Diamond and some are Stone mate. Keep fighting the good fight 

Breath Techniques there is plenty of them out there mate, even Apps to make it real simple and help take your mind of other things whilst doing them. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance