Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Pepperpot
Senior Contributor

New, lost and saying hi

Hi everyone,

I am new to the forums and wanted to say hi. I’m actually a little lost a the moment so would appreciate some pointers on how to make the most of this wonderful online space 🙂

Thank you so much,

Pepperpot

4 REPLIES 4

Re: New, lost and saying hi

Hi @Pepperpot and welcome to the forum ☺

It can definitely be a bit tricky to work out where to go/what to do on the forum when you first join, so it's great to see you looking for some pointers.

Maybe it would be helpful to understand what you're looking for here if you'd like to share? There are lots of social chats that are great for company, threads about specific interests and hobbies, conversations about particular mental health challenges etc. There's this thread here where you can introduce yourself if you'd like to also.

One tip I found helpful when I first joined was to use the @ symbol which will tag someone if you'd like to reply and want to tag them.

Looking forward to seeing you around

Thank you very much @CheerBear 🙂

That was very helpful and I really appreciate the friendly welcome.

I’m not sure to be honest. A bit of everything, I suppose. A place to connect, a place to vent and a place to chat so a combination? I wandered around a bit and had a quick browse in the Wellbeing forum, which looks promising.

Thank you very much for the link. I might check it out and post there.

You have made my day 🙂

Pepperpot

You're welcome @Pepperpot. It sounds like you're in the right place then (I think there's something for everyone here!) ☺

I find the search bar helpful for looking for specific topics also.

There will be someone around to help with more pointers or tips on joining in if you'd like anytime.

Hope you enjoy being here.

Hi @CheerBear,

Thank you kindly again. I really appreciate the tips and warm welcome.

I hope to see you around the forums 🙂

Thanks again.

Pepperpot
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance