Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Mothering and mental illness.

My daughter died of severe acute asthma attack. I can't help but wonder of my MI caused it in the sense that i was not really connecting emotionally and or she didn't want to make me worry or something. Perhaps if we had good extended family . We fell through the cracks because my MI is not severe enough. Guess maybe i was frightened they'd remove her. Its all so sad to live with. Her dad mad it worse.

@Former-Member,
That is a very distressing thing to be left wondering.

Parenting is not our sole responsibility. A community raises a child. Mums need support too.

Sending massive hugs your way. I have no better words for you. I am so sorry.
Former-Member
Not applicable

@TAWNY. I'm really sorry and I don't know what to say other than I'm thinking of you and sending warmest wishes your way. 💜
Former-Member
Not applicable

@Former-Member hugs I'm so sorry for your loss. I don't believe it's your fault though even if someone is in hospital at the time of onset of a severe and acute attack there is very little that they can do even there. Hugs
Thinking of you
Lj
Former-Member
Not applicable

Thanks, from what i've read i think you'e right, it was less than an hour & she was gone, even with paramedics here. How many times have we saved our children's life? but i couldn't help her that day, even with the nebulizer.. Just so not fair.
Former-Member
Not applicable

A boy I know died a 6 weeks ago from same thing and I researched a lot just feeling like how could that happen in today's world???
I don't know any right words for the grief you must have, but here with you
Former-Member
Not applicable

Thanks, the first 2yrs were the hardest (5now), this thread just bought back my responsibility as her mum. Didn't want to depress you all. I'm getting there thanks. You hang in there too. Hugs all round 🌷

Oh @Former-Member I have just found your post here.

I don't have words to express how deeply I feel for you.

I am sending you a cat-hug ... I hope this image comes through for you.  It might take a little while ...

image.jpeg

Take care, and have a gentle night ❤️❤️❤️

Thought I'd update:

Had my appt with psychiatrist, it culminated in a change in diagnosis and what I guess was intended as reassurance regarding the meds I have to take for my neuralgia, but the delivery of it has me thinking he thinks it was stupid of me to bother him. Such a low dose, it's for your headaches not your mental condition, ra ra. Yep, GP told me that, but I figured the responsible thing to do would be to check up and monitor given side effects and potential for future dosage increase. But, you know, how ridiculous to be proactive. Never mind.

So I'm now heading toward PANDA services next week when I have some time freed up. Fingers crossed this will be more useful and focussed on the here and now. X
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance