Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Jones
New Contributor

Marriage about to end…

We’ve been married for 6 year now. Together for over a decade altogether. 
after our second child, lockdowns and so much stress we been in a really bad spot for the last 6 months. 
my parter got into the habit of dumping me in the end of nearly every fight and terminating our marriage 
it heapend so many times now that I dont even umpack my bags anymore…

every time im about to finally leave the house she ask me not to go… 

it’s getting to the point I just cry most days, sleep poorly, feel depressed all the time… im starting to have really bad thoughts come across my mind after this crazy fights… I met a man doing tough on the streets today… his wife clicked him out home … I couldn’t help thinking that would be me any time soon…

im foreigner, havent got many friends or anyone to talk too…

I am considering leaving tonight for good. I cant take this from the one I love the most. The thought of being away from my kids is literally killing me on the inside… 

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Marriage about to end…

Hi there @Jones 

Welcome to the forums, I'm one of the peer moderators here at SANE. It sounds like a really tough time for you right now but I want to say it takes a lot of courage to reach out for support so good on you. You are most welcome here to share your situation and feelings. 

Do you have a doctor who you feel comfortable with who you might be able to talk to and ask for help? I'm also wondering if some relationship counselling could help as it sounds like your wife isn't sure what she wants right now. It could help both of you find some sort of clarity.

I'll put this link here that has some resources that you might find helpful https://www.healthdirect.gov.au/coping-with-divorce-or-breakup If you have any questions in regards to support please let me know. If you do find yourself with no where to go there are men's shelters that may offer temporary accommodation for you. Please don't hesitate to let us know if there is any way we can help.

Warmest wishes

Hanami

Hello and thanks for you reply Hanami. 
i fell like a GP will prescribe some medication  (anti depressant)witch im not really willing to try…

I will have a look into counselling links. Hopefully I can get some support. Thanks again

No worries @Jones 

Yes a GP may offer medication but you don't have to take it and a good GP will not push it on you. There are many other ways they can help you. 

I hope you find some good support out there for your family.

Hey @Jones ,

This is tyme. I just wanted to check in with you after reading your posts.

I'm sorry about what is happening for you at this moment. It sounds like such a tough position to be in.

Is your partner open to any sort of counselling or mediation? 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance