Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Let`s talk about Bipolar

@Anastasia 

Heart

We have a weird dynamic in our family re health care.  My exhusband and his family all are used to top private and best in world mayo clinic standards, whereas my family and I were happy if public did the right thing by us, and often they did not. 

My son's father has been in his ear about private and I have tried to encourage him to be selective looking at services, but my son just rejects it all.  In a way there is courage and integrity in his decisions, but frustrating when we really do want the best outcomes for our children. I have to put my fears aside and live in quiet hope for him.

Heart

Hope you are all doing as well as possible.

@greenpea @Meowmy @WIP @Shaz51 @frog 

Hi @frog  thanks for the tag Hope your day goes okay

Hey @greenpea @Anastasia @Mazarita @frog @Dimity @Oaktree @StuF @Former-Member @Shaz51 @Former-Member @Meowmy @rivergal and everyone else passing by xx

Ugh suffering from the lack of sleep "med hangover" today. Think I'll be taking it easy this afternoon. How is everyone else travelling?

BB 🐰💙

Hey @TAB how's it going? xx

BB 🐰💙

Hey BB @bipolarbunny 

thanks for the tag.

Sorry that you are feeling not so hot today 

I am doing ok thanks.

Still in lockdown here so no plans for today.

Wishing I would hear from my psychologist about an appointment but I think I might still have several weeks to wait.

Meggle

Hi @bipolarbunny guess posted in detail in other threads Bit short on sleep. Just fed self. Think nap soon.
How are you going?

Hey @Oaktree hope you are handling things okay re lockdown and hope it ends soon for you. Ugh waiting for a call back is the worst, I hope your psychologist rings soon. I see mine again on Monday, hopefully get this NDIS stuff finished once and for all. 
Take care my friend xx

BB 🐰💙

Hey @TAB yes thinking food nap food bike ride in that order lol. Enjoy your nap xx

BB 🐰💙

Hi @Appleblossom

I've been lucky most of my life that I've worked for big American companies who provide private health insurance as part of your package. Ironic, that they caused my breakdown in 2019 &'I'm still trying to recover.

however, my attitude is,'you never know what is going to happen to your health, you just can't put a price on it. And from experience, there's a huge difference between the level of care you receive between public v's private. It's an individual choice, but after experiencing both, I'd never drop private hospital psychiatric care for public. I'd be dead if didn't have access to private insurance - half my Centrelink payment goes to my insurance (I have back, neck issues too for 'extras' cover), but it's worth it. Sort of connected, but I've had fully  comprehensive car insurance since I was 18.

younjust never know.

I hope also your son makes the right decision. Maybe your ex can continue to help, if he's so pro private insurance.. My Mum won't let me drop down in psych hospital insurance. She helps out financially - I'm very lucky. But at the same time I feel incompetent. @Anastasia has good knowledge on this subject. If your boy is at risk of a hospital admission - you want private cover if it's affordable.

Love & hugs WIP 

well i managed a walk earlier @bipolarbunny  had new/old bike for months now, not even made it around block yet, have yet to buy a helmet lol, always some reason like local place too dear, getting it in city then dont go, going to have to do it soon

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance