Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Let`s talk about Bipolar

@Dimity always my friend, no forumite gets left behind on this bunny's watch! 
Enjoy your chai ️ xx

BB 🐰💙

just had Coffe and a piece of danish honey cake @bipolarbunny@Dimity 

going to bed now 

no forumite gets left behind on this bunny's watch! --- awwwwww @bipolarbunny Heart

Hi everyone in this corner of the forum!

I don't think we've met @Oaktree good to see you here Smiley Happy

Oh @Shaz51 I'm also looking for balance atm, but it's all relative and I'm in a position to make some plans at last so that's progress. I was very much just fending off incoming *#%^ for so many months. Hopefully have turned the corner but I'm trying not to assume anything!

One foot after the other friends.

@bipolarbunny, @Always-hope@EOR@greenpea@frog@HenryX@Olga@Mazarita@Shaz51 @Judi9877 @Dimity @rivergal

Hey @frog glad to hear things might be turning the corner for you, sending you lots of positive vibes. One foot in front of the other is definitely the best way to stay upright. Hope everything goes your way my friend! xx

BB 🐰💙

Hi @frog 

i only found these forums a couple of days ago.

Good to meet you!

Meggle

@bipolarbunny 

I hear you on the no friends front. I have two friends but they are both super busy with their own lives so I don't feel like I can even call them to chat about my worries. Sometimes I think it would be helpful to have a bunch of girlfriends to destress with. I also don't have my parents or siblings in my life. I have my hubby and kids but I still feel really lonely. Friendships are hard for me because when I am unwell I tend to submarine on everyone and people don't always understand.

Meggle

@bipolarbunny @Shaz51 @frog @Dimity @HenryX  

Hubby offered to make me a hot chocolate after I told him about bipolarbunny's rabbithole. Alas we have no marshmallows. Who wants one? I am putting on the kettle or would you rather have hot milk?

Meggle

Former-Member
Not applicable

Thank you @Shaz51 looks lovely, my my mind is all over the place at the moment

Hey @Oaktree 

I would love a hot chocolate definitely!

Yeah I hear you on the friends front, I used to have a fairly tight circle of friends or so I thought before I was diagnosed. I used to teach and compete in martial arts and was part of a team of coaches and athletes, but after I fell unwell I had to give it away and I guess once you are out of the loop that's it and all the friendships dropped away.

I definitely cocoon myself away from people, more so when I'm not well. It's the only way I know how to cope and as you've said people don't understand our behaviour when we are not feeling the best.

I saw a meme the other day and it was 2 people talking. One said, "You look tired today." And the other answered, "I'm tired every day, except today I don't have the energy to pretend I'm not."

That's how I feel when I am around people. That I am pretending, because they just wouldn't understand me otherwise. And because I'm losing the energy to pretend anymore, I prefer to just hangout here on the forums where we don't have to pretend.

Where we can embrace who we are wholeheartedly and know that we will be heard, supported, validated and accepted. 

If I could find that connection in real life it would be wonderful, but I'm afraid I've given up hope it will ever happen. 

I hope you enjoyed your hot chocolate xx

BB 🐰💙

@Former-Member Feel better soon sweetie, sending you lots of love n hugs xx

BB 🐰💙

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance