Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: How do I help someone who doesn't want help? you CAN NOT - that sucks

There is nothing you can do. You have well and truly done your best. It is now time to make a life for you without him. Sometimes we try just too hard to make things right, it’s not meant to be . You are to be admired love Raine

Re: How do I help someone who doesn't want help? you CAN NOT - that sucks

To apple blossom thank you for replying and caring. Yes as hard as it is, I have to go forward by myself, I love my husband very much but the schizophrenia has robbed us of the life I thought we could have together. It hurts. I cannot do anymore for him. He just sits, smokes, he is a chain smoker, watches a bit of tv and sleep. No social activities, very hard to watch and live with. We love each other very much, been married for 47 years, how cruel life can be for people with a mental illness. Apple blossom could you share with me your story. Lots of love Raine

Re: How do I help someone who doesn't want help?

Dear Cicliquot sorry to hear your situation. Professional help, if he will go, is he close to a family member to talk with. I know it is hard to help when the person puts up a wall. Eventually it will get on top of him and you and could end your relationship. Raine ❤️❤️

Re: How do I help someone who doesn't want help?

Just read your reply, you sound like me, we just try and try and try, we don’t want to quit on them but how much can you take before it effects you. It will eventually and you will have issues then yourself. I know because I have been there and am still trying but to no avail. Now I am on medication. ❤️Raine
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance