Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Hi there after SUCH a long gap...

Hi @Whim

Glad to see you back.Smiley Happy

Like @greenpea From time to time I had issues loggin on and felt some paranoia about being banned but eventually I realised that websites have so many issues it might not be me at fault, at all.

Yes our boys.  Mine was Dx with aspergers years ago, but never took to the Dx. He was older and not much help available. I tried various things but he did not fit program for aspergers. Followed the beat of his own drum. 

Smiley Happy

Hi @Shaz51

Hello @Appleblossom, @Whim, @greenpea, @Queenie, @Acacia Smiley Very Happy how is everyone today xoxoxoxo

@Shaz51 great shaz51 thanks how are you going? 🙂

I am ok  @greenpea, how are you tonight xx

My mr shaz is very flustered tonight

Hi @Appleblossom @Shaz51 and @greenpea

Sorry I've been a bit AWOL after being away for so long and then re-connecting.

Have had a bit of a hard time since I last responded to anyone. I have to say that the extension of a "How are you?" is really refreshing - and equally to have real responses back.

I've had an awful time with my Mum. She is a very 'damaged' individual herself, as am I. She was abused, and I have been abused by several. She thinks she's a shit Mum - and she was. I have depression/bi-polar and anxiety (GAD) which she can 'sort of' accept but she can't accept my son having Autism. I fear using the word 'damaged' but she is, and I guess so am I. It's been an awful time of harming myself, fearing every move I make with her and in the end raised voices.

My husband hasn't even noticed the now almost scars on my arm - thank God, and I didn't think he would, but in the end it's also kind of sad.... I seriously mean this when I say that I think he may have high level autism, and I have told him so. He can't read emotion - or if he can he doesn't respond. I've seen him nearly cry twice in 11 years, but never actually get there. He's obsessional to the end, fishing mainly, and... weber barbeques.

I'm ranting - See what happens when I read a post saying 'how is everyone going'!?

LOL.

x

Hi @Whim

you can vent anytime here my friend

remember you are not alone my friend , we are here for you anytime

and if you like to talk to a @Former-Member, they are here too

Thanks @Shaz51

I'm here for you too.

x

thank you @Whim

I was mentally abused when i was growing until mum and i left

My husband has had MI all his life and has being diagnosed with lots of things the latest is Bi polar 11 and now he has been messing his medications all up and has cancelled all help

so one step at a time here too

soo keep in touch my friend xx

Hi @Shaz51

@Whim I found it hard to use the word damaged or other words involved with mental illness. We all found our own ways of speaking our truth incoporating both th effects of pain and our ...love for family ... who maybe more or less damaged.  Noone escapes the travails of life without some damage.

With your husband and son, its great if you all can evolve a way of life that meets your needs. 

Some people. like me, post every day, others post once per week or month.  There is no one right way to be on the forum.  Just what works for you.

Smiley Happy

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance