Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Hurt
New Contributor

Diagnoses

Hi,

I am new.

I have chronic anxiety/depression/pain that I have had for a while.I’ve never really been in a recovery stage just sort of treading water.

About a month ago I started to feel different with it. I have a good GP and CP - and I have just been diagnosed with Complex Trauma or C-PTSD and Dependant Personality Disorder. I’m all good with that but feel really sick with this relapse,

I do take medication and have another I’ve been put back on. I have used it before. I have suffered trauma in childhood and it’s sort of all come to a head.

I am married, with a 14 yr old son. I don’t have any family support and it’s hard.

Anyone else had either one of these diagnoses. As I said the diagnoses doesn’t bother me, it’s trying to get over this episode and work is difficult. I am thinking I would really like to stay in a private MH unit, but my husband doesn’t agree, 

any thoughts, 

1 REPLY 1

Re: Diagnoses

Hi @Hurt ,

Welcome to the forums. Good on your for reaching out and trusting us with what's happening for you right now.

I have a diagnosis of Borderline Personality Disorder and CPTSD. Part of the BPD caused me to have strong dependencies on particular people. This was not healthy.

Through therapy, a lot of work was done to help me understand my thoughts and behaviours. This taught me to set healthy boundaries in terms of relationships.

Inpatient units were not so helpful for me because it cause me to be dependent on the rigidity and structure of the units. However, please note, this is different for everyone. You may benefit from them. I hear your husband is not keen on you having an inpatient stay. Have you been able to speak to your dr about it?

PARCs (Prevention and Recovery Centres), on the other hand, were extremely beneficial. This was because these units were voluntary, and gave me choice. If I wasn't going to abide by their 'rules', I'd get kicked out. This helped me 'get my act together'. In total, I had about 5 PARC stays, each being on average 4 weeks long. 

I hear it feels so hard right now. I encourage you to stay in touch.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance