Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Techunique
Senior Contributor

Descriptive Music

Are there songs that describe your frame of mind? Or maybe help a little?

For me, there are only three at the moment; "Nights in White Satin" by Moody Blues, "Even Shadows Have Shadows" by Eyedea and Abilities, and "Ordinary World" by Duran Duran (just recently discovered this last one, always hated Duran Duran)

Are there songs that hurt? "Duality" by Slipknot always kinda messes me up. (the self pitying part of loves to jump onstage during the refrain "All I've got, all I've got is insane"

6 REPLIES 6
Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Descriptive Music

Hi @Techunique, I don't have a song that describes my frame of mind, unless there is a song called F**ked up!!

But I do have a song I listen to A LOT that helps settle me when I my anxiety starts to roar. It is called Praying from Keisha.

haha dear @Former-Member.
Prayer is wonderful.

Friends by Dione Warrick or the ' Always Guaranteed' cd by Cliff Richard.
Man of Colours by Icehouse and For Your Entertainment by Adam Lambert and "Blind' by Sundays

Hi @Techunique,

This is a really interesting thread! It is fascinating to explore the way people define themselves by songs/the type of music they listen to, art etc.

@outlander and @Former-Member were talking about songs they could relate to, just today (@Former-Member - has already spoke about it in this thread, however). You may also be interested in reading or commenting on these two threads about music, if you haven't already - "music" and "Music."

Kindest,

Amour_Et_Psyché

hi  @Techunique

please come join us on our music thread and share the love 🙂

I didn't know those were there, thanks!
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance