Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Daughter catatonic

Hi there you wonderful and strong Mum 😊 my daughter has been catatonic and I remember well  when all this first happened and I didn't understand what was going to on how scarred i was !  Such a roller coaster over weeks on end ... i send you a big hug  , stay strong make sure you get some sleep and eat  xx

Hugs @Krishna 👂🙏🤗💞

@Nevergiveupmum Thank you. Hardest thing I've had to deal with seeing my girl in a catatonic state and yes a roller coaster ride these past months, years. I hope your daughter is doing better now. Trying my best to look after myself but some days just filled with despair and worry and some days just moments. I have to remind myself to take each day as it comes and continue to live with hope of better days ahead and know that she is being cared for and safe. ❤️

🥰

Thank you @Anastasia . This forum is such a blessing. Hope you're doing okay. Much love ❤️ 

It really is. I think if you and your beautiful girl often @Krishna 

Praying next year brings about change for you x

I been to a place where I thought im loosing my mind ! Unless your living this its just impossible to understand. My girl now 21 had just turned 18 and was doing great I thought, but then 8 days after her birthday she stopped eating then stopped drinking then stopped talking. I didn't know what was happening and thought she had a  seizure or stroke. I didn't want to believe that it was a mental illness. We where in and out of hospitals for 2 weeks, it was horrendous!!  She just got worse and worse.... then eventually she got taken to a closed mental health unit. I took her home after a week thankfully and i nursed her back to kind of normal myself. She had two more episodes of catatonia but they where not as extreme as the first. I now finally largely thanks to my own research understand that what she suffered from is die to autism. Help and understanding is still hard to find but i have desensitised. I know who the real her is , my sweet and loving angel 😇 i because of this o mever give ip on her , even during those times  you are going through now , remember she will come back to you !  At the moment shes in a safe place, and yes you probably hate her having to be there and to loose all control, but this is the time you need to take to build your own strength cause you will need  to be strong and well and resilient for when she comes back to you xxxx 

Hi @Krishna 

My pleasure Heart

Oh no, that’s so disappointing Smiley Sad

I can recall a few occasions when I’ve reached out to various organisations for support and there were so many pauses in the conversation and so much ‘dead air,’ that I actually asked if anyone was still on the other end of the telephone!

In that moment I actually felt more alone and distressed, as the prolonged silence communicated to me that perhaps the other person couldn’t relate to my experiences and / or they were at a loss in terms of what to say and how to support me Smiley Sad

Accessing some support through a Mental Health Care Plan sounds like a really positive step and I hope that you find the support that you need at such a difficult time Heart

Take care,

ShiningStar Heart

@Nevergiveupmum I'm happy your girl got through those episodes and you were able to help her along the way. Sadly my girls is due to schizophrenia and had to endure 20 ECTs which has helped immensely and has remained stable regarding the catatonia for a few weeks now. But her mental health has deteriorated even further resulting in an emotionless void, abrupt and isolating herself. She's been in hospital since August and I continue to send her letters and gifts to keep the connection open and staff pass on my messages of love and support weekly. I just keep telling myself "one day". Thank you for your understanding and support. 

I spoke to someone from SANE. Yesterday. They were really really good listened so well gave good advice and I never felt hurried. Thank you to that person.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance