Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Flower88
Senior Contributor

Can't stop crying

In bed and have been crying all night, I'm so over these anxiety attacks, even in bed I'll feel my body start trembling and I feel panicky. I'm so angry that at my age I'm suppose to be going out and having fun, but I physically can't, the physical symptoms are too much. My chronic dizziness, feels like my thyroid has now grown larger, my breathing difficulties, apparently my asthma is back. I have lost my retainer for my teeth. I'm never going to date anymore because of this s$&t. Literally can't stop crying. Tempted just to pack my bags and runaway from everything. Why does anxiety have to feel so crippling? My life was going great before all of this!
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Can't stop crying

@Flower88

For a long time and Im talking about years I believed that my asthma was becoming worse and worse. Early this year I realised that I have a real problem
Too sleepy to wite. Night all

Sorry you are having such a rough night 😞
You are aloud to have these crappy days. Sometimes everything just goes wrong, and it always happens all at the same time. Have you considered seeing a psychologist, they can provide really good techniques to help manage the panic attack symptoms. I hope you manage to get a good sleep and tomorrow is a better day.

Hey, sounds like you're having an awful time. Sorry to hear it 😞

You probably hear this a lot, but have you tried breathing from your diaphragm? I have similar breathing problems with my anxiety, and it's often hard to tell what's panic and what's asthma (which makes the whole thing even more terrifying!). I find myself breathing in my upper chest and not being able to get enough air in.

Try lying flat on your back and resting your hands just below your ribcage. Breathe so that your hands rise. Try to keep your shoulders still. I know this is all really hard to do when you're anxious, but I find it helps me slow my breathing and be more still.

Also, have you got an asthma spacer? I find that breathing through it for a while (even without a puffer) helps me steady out a bit.

I hope you can get some sleep soon 🙂

Sorry @Flower88

Further to my incomplete post last night:

I had been having more and more serious asthma attacks. Earlier this year I realised that these asthma attacks were always occurring during periods of high stress when I was really worried about things.

Subsequently I realised that what I was experiencing was more than just worry. I spoke to my GP telling h that I believed I had a serious problem with anxiety. He put me on to an antidepressant that can be very effective for anxiety. Within 4 days I was a completely different person. I have had no asthma since I started taking this medication in February. Is it possible that this could be similar to the problem you're experiencing?

@Flower88. What a hard time you have been having. Please speak to your gp or therapist as there will be ways to manage your anxiety and asthma.
For tonight, if you are still feeling anxious or breathing different, keep talking to us on here. (If that helps). When I used to have panic attacks and different breathing patterns - especially at night - I'd need to find ways to divert my attention away from it. So I watched a lot of tv until 4am ish until my body literally could not stay awake any longer.
This though needs to be a temporary measure. For those times when you have tried your breathing and calming techniques and they are not working.
But talk to your doctor soon - so they can help you sooner.
I do hope this feeling passes and you can get a good nights sleep

Hi @utopia thanks for the advice, I don't find doctors good they just don't have a care in the world about this I find, the only person who has understood and cared is my naturopath 😞 I'm going to see him Monday. I think I need to quit my job I'm saving up so I can quit my job is as its making my life hell and is so stressful it's ruining my mental health.

@Flower88. I understand about a job making you sicker. Wish I had left mine before the incident with a client. u Hope you can save and leave the job quickly. Goid on you for knowing what you need to maintain good mental health.
I hope Mondays appointment goes well and she can find ways of helping you. No matter who you see - you need to have trust in them. I t sounds like you do with your naturopath.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance