Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

HakunaKhunz
Senior Contributor

Borderline personality disorder 😨

hi, my name is jelly and I have borderline personality disorder. I'm 28 years old and up until 2 years ago I was misdiagnosed with bipolar, So I'm new to this whole side of things. I've always understood the.mood swings and pushing people away, turning on them and so on. But I need to know how do you control it?? Just because I know of them doesn't make them less brutal. I have a 1year old that I struggle to get out of bed to look after some days I just crumble and lock myself away for days on end and stay in bed in the dark. I'm working on a therapist locally but until then if there anything I can do to help?? Music is a massive controller, gardening is good for distractions but otherwise I'm lost i feel myself spiralling 😞

25 REPLIES 25

Re: Borderline personality disorder 😨

hey @HakunaKhunz

I also have BPD and experience the mood swings, and pushing people away and struggling to get out of those dark days too.
im glad that you have a therapist, but its great you've reached out for some support here too.
have you considered trying medications for mood stabilising at all? I know its not for some as currently im not on them either but its an option at least.

Its taken me ages to find what works for me and sometimes they don't even work. itll be a constant work in progress but for you having music and gardening are great starts.
if you like I can link you to some of the threads we have here where people have shared their coping strategies with everyone as a suggestion for them to try out. we also have a parenting thread and a gardening thread I can link here for you as well.
Have you considered a hobby of some sort though I imagine having a 1 yr old might make that tricky as well.

Oh thanks heaps! I've never spoken to anyone with bpd befor. I'll make sure to look at those when bub decides to go to sleep >=[
You are so nice!

@HakunaKhunz

Hey. I'm 27 and I have BPD too and struggle massively with the mood swings.

Music is totally my life saver, what music do you like??

Your welcome @HakunaKhunz
Take your time looking through them, theres no rush. Take care of bub first then youll have some free time to have a look 💞

Hi @The-red-centaur ! Music is my lifesaver too. When I was you get I had a rough childhood so I listened to slipknot and Korn and marilyn manson 24/7. I slowly discovered dubstep and dirty bass then I found trap music. So good for an angry dance. Now I listen to all of the above depending on my mood. How about you??

@outlander thanks 🙂 yeah hes a bit of a handful right now hey. Didnt get to sleep til bloody 10pm.. just ridiculous >=[

I don't usually sleep till about 1/2am @HakunaKhunz so that's pretty early for me. hopefully itll be an earlier night for you though

I finally got him to sleep yayyy. How old are you if u dont mind me asking?
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance