Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Any diagnosed germophobes or hoarders on this forum?

Hello @NatureLover and @Eve7 

It's so lovely to see you both 🙏

Here's a fresh cuppa for us all

Thank you for the coffee and croissant NL,

It reminded me I have some in the freezer and so my boy enjoyed croissants for breakfast 😃

Rotten sleep last night, funny dreams and woke with a headache. I think due to having lit the fire last night and too much smoke. My parents came and visited so wanted them to share in ritual. It was the first since surgery and maybe just too much, not sure. Was nice to see them again. They needed help with apps to get their vaccination certificates, so spent most of the time doing that. They're both good to go now ✔️

I have seen son1's house ever so briefly by dropping off a couch, however still haven't seen it all set up.

My boy has just left to spend the day there so I don't want to encroach although I am sitting on the edge of my seat to see both him and his little abode all set up. 

He was able to go out last night for the first time in three months or so and I would imagine he made the most of it and will be a bit dusty today 😊

My boy is ok today, excited to be catching up with his brother. 

He's very up and down in general but hasn't done anything "silly" to himself for a couple of days. 

It's getting closer to his support worker returning to face to face as well as his psychologist so hoping that will provide him with a much needed lift and the right supports. It really is ridiculous that these are not considered essential during a pandemic! 

I am happy to hear whilst you aren't cartwheeling, you are ok. It's easy when things get on top of us for the house to suffer. Don't be too hard on yourself, baby steps. You've had a lot going on NL, focus on your needs and the rest will follow. 

@Eve7 I hear how difficult it is sharing your new home with S1 and GD, it certainly would be!

Is it long term or just whilst S1 recovers? How is your bird coping, is it becoming less stressful, or much the same? 

I read you were having family over on Sunday, that sounds lively Eve, I hope you enjoy. 

I have been in bed writing this after taking something for my headache. I will get up and see if by moving it disappears.

I am sending you both love and light and wishes for good things for you over the weekend 🌄☀️💛💚✔️🌼🌳

<sluuurp> Thank you for the coffee, @Anastasia 🙂 And I laughed at the fact that you had croissants for breakfast 😄

I hope your sleep last night was better than Friday night's sleep? And how is your headache??? That's not good, the headache. 😞

Was glad you had your parents over though 🙂

@Anastasia wrote:

He's very up and down in general but hasn't done anything "silly" to himself for a couple of days. 

Oh, good. I totally agree that face-to-face  support workers are 'essential'. When does that come into effect? 

I was a bad, bad girl yesterday - I felt OK to do the housework, but did nothing but walk, eat and read all day! Today I have to do some house tidying and cleaning!! 

Thanks for your kind wishes. Do you find, caring for so many people, that sometimes it all gets too much and you need a day off from the caring? Obviously not for your boys or parents, but from all the dozens of other worries about people and things that you have? (I'm thinking you are the same as me in having dozens of worries about dozens of people) That's what happened to me last Tues /Weds - I have to switch off from reality, and wishes don't get sent. Would be interested to know if you have that. 

Am going to pop to the bakery for two iced scrolls (one for today and one for tomorrow) and then go for a walk and then hopefully tackle the house. Oh - mustn't forget the Vic press conference today with an announcement expected about when we can come out of lockdown. Only for vaccinated people, so I worry about my anti-vaxx neighbour and how she will cope...I think she'll lose her job 😞

Hope today is restful with no headache...sending wishes 💚

Hello dear @NatureLover 

I just had my Tafe assessment and passed...thank goodness!

Hopefully will sleep soundly tonight.

Just one more assessment to go and then it's finished! Gee it's gone quickly!

You said...

"I was a bad, bad girl yesterday - I felt OK to do the housework, but did nothing but walk, eat and read all day! Today I have to do some house tidying and cleaning!!"

Noo, you weren't bad...you needed the break 👍✔️🙏

You asked

"Do you find, caring for so many people, that sometimes it all gets too much and you need a day off from the caring? Obviously not for your boys or parents, but from all the dozens of other worries about people and things that you have? (I'm thinking you are the same as me in having dozens of worries about dozens of people) That's what happened to me last Tues /Weds - I have to switch off from reality, and wishes don't get sent. Would be interested to know if you have that."

Yes I can totally relate to this. It doesn't help being a perfectionist either!

I'm glad you switched off to recharge your batteries. 

I hope you have fully recovered now?

I'm so happy to hear restrictions lifting are on the horizon for you finally!!!

I'm sorry to hear about your neighbour potentially losing her job, gosh that is huge!

Have you plans for where you'll go first?

I hope your day at work today was kind to you?

I had my first day in the office today, only for a few hours and then Tafe tonight I am pooped. Was a good day though and I achieved what I needed to so a big win. 

I did have a skin check today and I do have a mole that needs removing so I'm booked in for surgery just in his practice in two weeks 😱

I think that's all I can think of, need to switch off but miss you and wanted to send an update.

Hugs, more coffee, sun and love dear friend 🌄💛🤗

Just adding @NatureLover 

My gorgeous son just called. He's been poached for new job and has interview tomorrow. 

He said he's missing my hugs and company, awwww I love him. Didn't get to his place on the weekend but he's coming here Friday night so excited to see him and hear his news. 

Depot shot tomorrow, gee the weeks are flying! 9 weeks till Christmas 🌲 apparently! 

Sweet dreams lovely 🌳☀️💤💐🌄

Hi dear friend! Thanks for all your news 🙂 @Anastasia  Especially after your big day!

Well done on your TAFE assessment...no news about your scholarship application for the mental health course yet?

@Anastasia wrote:

I had my first day in the office today, only for a few hours and then Tafe tonight I am pooped. Was a good day though and I achieved what I needed to so a big win. 

Yay! How was it being back in the office? Will you be back in the office every day now? 

I kind of didn't need the break I took on Saturday re the house...but luckily I got quite a lot of housework done on Sunday, so I felt better about that. I had a good day at work yesterday and have finally caught up after missing a week. I also feel stronger about dealing with the family dramas so am able to do that. 

Thanks for telling me you can relate to the need to switch off from caring for everyone and everything sometimes. Yes, I'm recovered from last week, but still hanging out for the start of November when hopefully the constant SAD will lift. Not long now! I can't wait - it's felt like years instead of months. 

Yes, it's huge that my neighbour will lose her job, I also fear she'll lose her rental house once she goes onto JobSeeker. I'm not sure what she'll do. I also don't want to lose her as a neighbour - we've had druggie neighbours in the past who did atrocious things, and she's a good neighbour despite her anti-vaxx views. 

I don't have anything planned for Friday which will be our first day out of lockdown, but I'm seeing a friend tomorrow under the singles bubble arrangement. We'll get a takeaway lunch and sit outside somewhere. And it will be sunny! Most people I know want to catch up with their families first for a while, so I guess we'll plan some get-togethers after that. I'm actually still a little cautious about throwing myself back into everything like before the pandemic started - like you said when Sydney opened up... I don't mind easing back into it slowly. 

@Anastasia wrote:

I did have a skin check today and I do have a mole that needs removing so I'm booked in for surgery just in his practice in two weeks 😱

It sounds like you're alarmed about this? Are there any specific wishes I can send?

That's good news for your older son re job. It really is a fresh start for him. 

I am crossing fingers the depot goes well today...

Take care 💚🌞🌿🌷

Hello dear @NatureLover 

Thank you for you lovely message 💛

Noooooo, next time back in the office is next Wednesday. I will go in if needed but otherwise be working from home until rules change. 

No news on scholarship, hope they release results soon!

This wonderful...

"I had a good day at work yesterday and have finally caught up after missing a week. I also feel stronger about dealing with the family dramas so am able to do that" 

I am happy to read this 💚

Bring on November @NatureLover for the end to the dreaded sad. I feel for you and hope that it lifts like a veil and disappears for the longest time 🙏

Oh gosh, I so hope something gives to ensure your neighbour keeps her house. It would be awful to have such neighbours like you described before. But not just that It makes me sad to think that it would come to that for her.

Enjoy your lunch tomorrow with your friend in the sun, it sounds just lovely, I'll be thinking of you 🌄

Yes I guess surprised but I've never been particuydilifent with protecting myself from sun so not really surprising! Hopefully the biopsy will come back negative. I'd appreciate wishes for nothing sinister please. Thank you 💚

I'll let you know when I get results x

Thank you for well wishes today, all went well thank goodness.

You really are a gem. Hugs, love and light dear NL 🌄🌼🌲🌳☀️💛

I've packed you a picnic for today. Enjoy with your friend. I'll be there in spirit ✔️👍💛☀️🌳🌲🌼💚

@NatureLover 

Screenshot_2021-10-20-08-19-01-77.jpg

Hi @Anastasia , happy to hear the depot went well yesterday! 

I'm glad to hear you can work from home mostly for now. Hopefully that means you can avoid some office politics and pace your day to be less stressful. With breaks for 🥐 🥞 🍓 🌞 and to pop on here and get some 💚 

Am crossing fingers for your scholarship!!

Thanks for your empathy for my neighbour...I feel just terrible for her and her prospects 😞

Thanks for telling  me what to specifically request from the Universe re your mole...I always like to have specific requests to wish. 

I also wanted to ask you, has your younger son moved out yet into the bungalow in the back yard? And are you missing your older son terribly (the empty nest syndrome but with just one)?

There's sun outside! It's exciting - I can't wait to get out in it! (There's been a lot of rain lately)

Much 💚 and take care @Anastasia  🙂

Awww, thank you, dear friend! So thoughtful! 

I can't see the picnic yet but am touched. Heart

@Anastasia 💚

Thanks you for the great-looking picnic @Anastasia  🙂

It was nice to sit outside in the sun yesterday and to see my friend under the 'singles bubble'. But I felt quite uncomfortable, as 90% of her conversation was about Covid and the restrictions and the "spiteful" government and things being "unconstitutional" and vaccines and mandating them. (She's not vaccinated) I had to ask her gently to stop at one point. I did try to change the topic numerous times...oh well. We've just got to get through this tricky time... She is a dear friend and one of the very, very few who stood by me during my 3-year nervous breakdown...she sent care packages and encouragement and didn't dump me...I will always be grateful to her for that. 

I saw on another thread you'd had a breakthrough with your boy...so glad to hear. Also that you got a haircut and colour, yay! 🙂

Hoping that today is a good one for you and all your family 💚

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance