Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Am Not Coping

@Faith-and-Hope @Snowie Slept most of the morning and really needed it. Feeling a little more alive now but have things to do as well. Had to unblock an outside drain - it will need to be dug up and replaced at a later stage but for now it is okay enough to use ...is draining slowly but draining again so it will do for now. Luckily my sister's partner is a plumber by trade so we can tackle it together in the summer holidays.

My hand is aching but can rest it now as everything else I have to do I can mainly do with my left hand - and I can have meds to help being home and not having to worry about side effects.

My little boy has been sick again - several days in a row now - he has just finished the course of ABs for his teeth so hoping that was the cause and he will be okay now. 

My sister dropped off some cat food yesterday - I am going to take it to the cat centre for her as it is mainly kitten food. She could not face doing it herself but did not want to throw it out. She misses her little boy so much but is doing as okay as she can be. Smiley Sad I on the other hand am still very much struggling with so much loss lately and yesterday was my Nan's birthday so that has added to those feelings. I still miss her so much after 24 years - feels like a life time ago but also yesterday she was here ...like to think she is always with me and that love we had endures Heart

@Faith-and-Hope No doubt that is the same way you feel about your Mum Hon - those special people in our lives that taught us so much and were always there 💜💙💚🧡💛

@Zoe7 💞💞💞

@Faith-and-Hope @Snowie ❣️❣️

Yes @Zoe7  ..... ❤️

@Anastasia 😘🌹💖

@Faith-and-Hope 💕😍

@Emelia8 Heart

You must have needed the sleep @Zoe7 

Hoping the rest of your day has gone well hon.

Hello @Zoe7 

Squeezing in a message before I feed my boys as my messages have been rather "unwordy" of late I am sorry. Been thinking of you all day. 

I so hope that today has allowed you to get some much needed and deserved rest.

I am so sorry to hear about little Tobes, hopefully it is just from the ab's and he will improve now. 🤞

I have been thinking of sweet Cat too 🐈 and hoping that she is coping with her medication. 

I have been at the office since Tuesday and I am back there tomorrow, so 4 days which is the most I have been there in weeks. As a result my headspace has improved a zillion percent. My boy seems to be doing quite well without me so that is also good. My bf is taking both my boys to a beautiful water spot tomorrow with the kayak and paddleboard. I'm so jealous but extremely blessed they will be spoiled for the day. Dinner is simple tonight spag Bol. Sending you lots and lots of 💞💞 and hoping that tomorrow is an easier say back at work without the littlies xxxx

Hello also and sending some love to my dear friends @Snowie @Faith-and-Hope @Maggie @Emelia8 @outlander @Former-Member @Eve7 @WIP @Appleblossom @Clawde @Hoho @Lilly6  @Shaz51 and everyone else here 👋 ❣️🌺🌸🌹💚💗💐

Former-Member
Not applicable

That's a shame you can't go kayaking and paddle boarding tomorrow @Anastasia Do you go with them usually?

We had spaghetti bolognese for lunch. 
Enjoy. 🥰

We have never been the four of us, usually it's 3 only it's rare to get my oldest to join us. That's ok the boys will have fun together being men lol @Former-Member 

Does that mean you get the night off from cooking?

Slept most of the day @Snowie Each time I got up to try to do anything I had no energy and aching everywhere Smiley Sad I only managed to get the washing pegged out and in. 

@Anastasia I have been able to give Cat her meds a little easier tonight - she didn't fight me as much as she has been but Tobes also left us alone so she wasn't as stressed either. I really am hoping she gets used to it as it will be an ongoing thing for life now. I was taking her to the bed to lay her down but that is when Tobes jumps along the side of the bed and stresses both of us so now getting her food out and giving them to her before she eats - that seems to be working much better (fingers crossed that continues to be the case). She does not seem to be having any side effects from the meds so that is positive also. Tobes has not been sick again today either so hoping the side effects have now passed for him too.

So pleased to hear how positive being at the office has been for you Hon and also that your boy is doing okay. Sometimes that space for ourselves is what is needed for everyone. It is disappointing you cannot go with everyone tomorrow but hoping it will be a fantastic day for your bf and boys. I have not taken my kayak out for years now ...since I got sick actually so that would make it nearly 4 years. I would love to get out on the water again but I am presently in no physical shape to even paddle a short distance - could not even lift the kayak onto the car racks so that is out for a while longer.

We don't have the kids tomorrow - a PD day so whilst it will be tiring sitting around all day it will also be less hectic not having to run from class to class.

You must have needed the rest @Zoe7 hon.

I hope tomorrow goes ok and you get something out of it. It is a public holiday here so no school either for the kids.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance