Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Am Not Coping

@Former-Member I was given a nightime med that has really helped with the nightmares - it might be worth talking to your pdoc about that as it i=has really helped me with both flashbcaks and lessening the nightmares. It is very rare that I have either now snd that helps with both sleep and being able to function the next day without those residual feelings that can so often affect your day.

I hope D and you have a better day todsy - it is super hard when your D has a bad day and thst must mske youor dy even worse. Hoping you slept better and can approach today with more energy.

No I didn't have a visit from friend - the day got away from both of us - both had a lot to get done and it took longer than expected. We are tking the next few days as they come and if there is a window in there somewhere then we may be able to meet up again. I do really want to get the garsge done so that is holding me back and I also need to go back to the old school this weekend to get some things still there. They are my priorities at the moment - we are still messaging each other though so that contact is still there - just need to find a time we are both free.

Former-Member
Not applicable

Thankyou for messages @Zoe7 @Sam3 @outlander

💜💖💜💖💜💖

WiFi in our area is really bad at times, especially this morning. 

Will come back another time when it’s working better. It’s too frustrating trying to message when it’s like it is this morning. 

Hi everyone. 💖

Hey @Sam3
Nice to hear from you. Thanks for your encouragement and suggestions.
I am considering hays recruitment. That's possibly the best one I've seen so far.
I did do a TESOL/ESL program however doing it online means I am at a disadvantage. It strikes me that they want a more solidified qualification. Like uni level.
I tutored high school. I didn't have results to tutor at uni, nor did I agree with my lecturers on everything 😉 haha which helps if you want to be a tutor. But yes, marks are helpful and I think i only have pass average.
But this is how it is. Plus I don't believe being able to write well and argue a point is best evidenced through a degree. Often university only shows you one side of an argument, without giving fair credit to an alternative. This is why universities are going backwards i would say. But yes. Good pointers re recruitment agencies.
I'm making slow progress and I think this. Counts most.
Hope yuou enjoy your Saturday

hello @Sam3,

@Former-Memberand @outlander and myself are not only carers but we have our own MI

mine is being mentally abused when young daily before mum and I left and then I was rejected by my dad for years later

I don`t think it really leaves you

Hello @Zoe7, @MDT, @Former-Member, @outlander, @Sans911

Oh @Shaz51 my heart goes out to you 💜 I wish things were easier for you & also @outlander & @Former-Member Thank you for sharing some of your story.

Hello @Zoe7@MDT@Former-Member

I couldn’t have had an easier day spending time with friends but I feel overwhelmed with thoughts (eg. discovery yesterday that I have thyroid dysfunction probably requiring medication along with psychiatrist suggesting to add another antidepressant, only 2 weeks left before becoming redundant, & generally feeling pathetic). Wondering if I should ring a helpline or whether more thinking/talking will make me worse when I feel so sad & disappointed that I can’t seem to stay well. 

sending you hugs @Sam3

sometimes things feel so overwhelming my friend , I have stage 4 kidney disease and Diabetes and I was born with rubella syndrome and now I am on 8 meds a day so far

have you got a coping box --  something you enjoy doing at these times

and we are here for you if you want to talk my friend xx

Hello @Zoe7, @MDT, @Former-Member, @outlander, @Former-Member

Thank you so much for your generous spirit @Shaz51 (& you reminded me to look in my “coping box” so will listen to soothing strategy card ie listen to 🎵 )  Sounds like you have alot on your plate - sorry that’s an inappropriate understatement- sounds like you are a true survivor. Do you have any other tips for when feeling overwhelmed? 

no need to be sorry my friend @Sam3

it does take time to remember to look after ourselves , I have found the forum sooo helpful , so whenever and anytime you need reassurance , someone is here 24/7 and Remember the @Former-Member is here to help us too xxxx

I will tag you to the overwhelming thread

You do have a lot going on @Sam3 and those overwhelming feelings can take over. If you think calling a helpline would help then do that and we are here for you as well.

Hello @Shaz51 Been a busy morning and early afternoon for me - now resting as I am exhausted. Going to watch the tennis tonight. What are you up to?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance