Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Am Not Coping

I look forward to hearing all about it @Zoe7 .....💚💕

Hi @Sans911 👋💕

I’m in your / our town 😏

Do you have any plans for today @Faith-and-Hope?

Oh I didn't realise @Faith-and-Hope

I didn't see anything about your movements. Is this to do with further moves to sort things here? Have you been here for a few days already as I noted your mention of 🐬?

It makes me smile to know your here in the same space and time zones. I'm having my second coffee right now.

Hi @Zoe7@Faith-and-Hope@Sans911 I slept in how are your days going

@Faith-and-Hope @Sans911 @Owlunar @Shaz51 @Pepsimax @Snowie and all passing through...

So upon my return from the lovely walk on the beach I received an email from the Regional HR manager. The doctor's letters I forwarded are not enough for me to return to work and she needs to consult with my GP and possibly pdoc with more questions before a return to work can be considered and facilitated. In an ideal world this would not be a problem but both my GP and pdoc are now on leave for the next 3 weeks. That will mean neither of them can be contacted until the first week of next term when I was hoping to begin back at work.

This will significantly delay me returning to work and significantly hamper me getting back to more full-time work by the end of this year. That also means I won't be paid and that may be a problem.

It really is feeling like everything is against me at the moment - I know it will be sorted out eventually but the waiting is not ideal. 

There is nothing more I can do though except wait for my GP and pdoc to get back and to talk to the HR person.... frustrating!

Oh @Zoe7. Damn protocols and procedures. This is all you need. NOT. How frustrating

@Zoe7 that sounds very frustrating.  I dont see how returning to work has so many hoops to jump through. A bad time for your supports to be away. 

Thinking of you hun 💜💜

It is more frustrating because I asked the HR person I have been dealing with what was needed for me to return to work and none of that was mentioned either in phone calls or emails. If that had all been stated then those calls to my doctors could have already been done @Sans911 and the process could be well under way.

I suppose it gives me more time to spend with Toby and Cat lol

@Snowie It definitely is a bad time for them to be away but I can't change that so it is what it is - seems I am saying that a lot lately ...it is all very frustrating!

No you can't change it @Zoe7 so waiting it all you can do. Not ideal but at least it wasn't a no, just a not yet. 

Yeah that is how I need to try to look at it @Snowie and then deal with it when my GP and pdoc are back. The whole process is both annoying and frustrating and I also know hard disruptive my return to work will be to the school if it comes mid-term - but that is ultimately not my problem. I have a permanent place there and it needs to be accomodated. How that happens is not up to me but up to HR and the Principal.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance