Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Am Not Coping

awww thanks @BlueBay I know I have to deal with it but it is hard - feeling those lost feelings already but I can only imagine how much harder it is for our @Faith-and-Hope = that is why we need to keep posting for her so she not only knows we are thinking about her but waiting for the day she is back with us also.

@Zoe7 It was probably good you were proactive with HR.  It is difficult to work with people who have done the wrong thing by us.  I have had to do that a lot and it is certainly draining. A fresh start is good.

Feel free to Tag me whenever I seem to drop out of contact, for this thread or for @Faith-and-Hope Trip away thread.

Heart

Thank you for the offer to tag you on this or the other thread @Appleblossom I will be keeping @Faith-and-Hope updated as the days go on too but a litlle company now and then will be nice.

How is your day going? I just arrived home after a community meeting - it went a bit longer than expected but we got everything done that was on the agenda. It is really warm here today but lovely and cool inside the house. I have planning to do now for tomorrow - hopefully that won't take me all afternoon and I can enjoy a bit of the late afternoon sun.

I do know you are right @Faith-and-Hope - and as much as I continue to feel like I am being hit by bus after bus I also continue to get back up. I am doing what I have been asked to do and that is all I can do.--- very true @Zoe7 Heart

as yesterday was a bit of a knock for me as it looks like I could be in need of a kidney transplant within 10 years , but i am up again and seeing the dietician tomorrow

Hello @BlueBay, @Appleblossom, @Sans911

Oh @Shaz51 that is not good news my sister.  Smiley SadI hope it doesn't come to that but just the thought of it would be distressing for you. Are there things you can do to prolong that or are you already doing all that you can do in that respect? Thinking of you Hon Heart

going to try @Zoe7, @Faith-and-Hope xx

see when your kidney are ok , you start with 100% and by the time you are in your 70¬s  your kidney funtion should be 24%

with me having only one kidney and working at 24% at 54 by the time I am 70 I will have not kidney funtion at all

That is so hard for you to have to deal with @Shaz51 Can you get a transplant earlier as you only have one semi-functioning kidney?

No not yet , the function has to go down to 10 before going on the Dialisis @Zoe7, @CheerBear xx

Big hugs @Shaz51. Really sorry to hear what you're going through 🙁 That's super hard and scary sounding.

👋 @Zoe7. Lots of these ❤❤ for you. Adding another voice to the people here who care about you and will walk alongside you too (just a tag away).

That makes it even tougher for you then @Shaz51 Let's hope that happens much later rather than sooner Heart

Thank you @CheerBear I will take you up on that offer too. I'll tag you into my updates on this thread - I do see you hitting the support button just as I do on the Just Checking In thread with you - that unwritten support is just as valuable as words.

I'll head over to that thread soon and check out how you are doing Heart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance