Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Am Not Coping

It is good that your Mum is home but completely sucks about not being accepted for the carer's allowance. That makes it so much harder for you @Shaz51 Smiley Sad

I love the idea about the shoe boxes - it is so wonderful that you do that each year - there are many kids out there that do not have the necessities in life and filling boxes with clothes. brushes, teddies. etc. would give each child that received one such a lift - you are indeed a wonderful person @Shaz51 and so giving Heart 

last christmas world wide @Zoe7, @Faith-and-Hope

11 million chidren received a christmas shoebox for christmas

I always put presents under the Kmart Wishing Tree @Shaz51 but I like the idea of the shoeboxes too - who is it done through?

samaritan`s purse christmas child shoebox appeal @Zoe7

Thanks for that info @Shaz51 I will look into it some more and hopefully be able to do the same - I should be in a better financial position this year after I return to work so it could be possible Smiley Very Happy

@Zoe7, I go to places like overflow or those cheap shops and I keep my eyes open for sales like when they are selling school exercise books for a dollar

and I find it is better to collect through the year instead of one shop

also I can only afford to do a few myself but knowing that 3 children will recive them is nice xx

I used to biy presents for all the kids in the class when I was working - but it would be so much nicer for each child to make up a box to send to kids that needed it more - maybe that is something I could think about doing when I go back @Shaz51

that is what I am  doing this year again  with the school kids  and they put in a photo of themselves and a letter @Zoe7, we sent 40 away from the school last year and some of the students got a letter back from a child who received their box

That is wonderful @Shaz51 It would be great for the kids to see where their boxes go and to receive a letter back. 

The last class I had we sponsored an orangutan and the kids got regular updtes on how he was going. We had a map and all the details on the wall - plus a toy orangutan that they looked after in class and could take home with them for sleepovers - it was both fun and informative at the same time.

@Faith-and-Hope thinking of you Hon Heart

Related image

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance